PDA

View Full Version : Installed new pipe....

Beta-cat
06-12-2002, 11:54 AM
I finally got the new Pipe installed. I have a DG Krome and K&N filter. I installed a 128 main but when I started and reved, it backfired a couple of times. I started again and reved again and it was fine. Any thoughts. Thanks.

06-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Just starting it and reving it will not give you an accurate reading,,you need to let the motor warm up and then take it for a ride,,then you'll get your correct readings...open the throttle up someware and then let off real quick..it's either gonna bog or stutter at High RPMs while giving it gas or it will run fine until you let off the gas then it will backfire..it sounds like you might need a bigger main jet.. but the motor needs to be at operating temperature before you can make any judgements.

Beta-cat
06-12-2002, 02:00 PM
I was just reading another post and it mentioned that there could be an exhasut leak. I know that when the backfire occured there was a leak around the header. I tighten it up since then and haven't noticed the backfire. I will try a high speed test this evening and see what happens. Thanks.

250xman
06-12-2002, 02:15 PM
so if it backfires on deceleration its runnin lean?

Razorback
06-12-2002, 02:23 PM
it can, yes.