PDA

View Full Version : Hillbilly Grand Prix Schedule 2005

Johnny & Monica
09-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Winter series here in the state of Missouri.

Oct 8-9 Thayer Motorsports Park -Thayer, MO
Nov 5-6 Loaiza Dairy Farms -Westphalia, MO
Dec 3-4 Mile High Ranch - Seymour, MO
Dec 17-18 Bull Creek Ranch - Walnut Shade, MO (Toys for Tots)
Jan 7-8 Century Farms -Richland, MO
Jan 28-29 Black Jack Ranch - Collins, MO
Feb 11-12 Hillbilly Highways - Highlandville, MO
Mar 4-5 Cassville Nationals -Cassville, MO

more info at http://www.hillbillygp.com/hillbillygp/

You run a 45 minute moto then there is a break with a kids race then run another 45 minute moto but it's a hare scramble not a motox

geogeorge
09-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Hay Johnny I will be at the first 4. can't make any after that. What class are you going to race in the HB? should be fun.
I'm thinking about trying to make the last Iowa race. Sence you race there on sunday and we race on sat in mo I might try it. Don't know yet will have to see about gas prices and if I can talk someone into going with me.

IOWAracer
09-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Hey Johnny and Monica are there any close to us up north thanks broc

bigb426ex
09-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Collins and Westphalia are going to be the closest ones to where you live. I live by Kearney and those two I'm trying to definitely make.

scramblerracer
09-28-2005, 04:23 PM
I can't wait for the Hillbilly to start. I am interested to see how the split motos works. Josh

jhoppa
09-28-2005, 05:12 PM
This is my first year racing, so excuse the ignorance. :D

So are these motocross or a harescramble races?

Motocross meaning closed course with jumps and bumps...

Harescramble meaning running through the country...

Please confirm.

IrideMHSC
09-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Yea they are Harescrambles (through the woods and what not).... they are a blast...

I went to quite a few of them last year and the split motos were awesome... they racing was a little less tiring i think....

AnthonyWhite
10-08-2005, 10:38 PM
That race was actually pretty fun. Kinda rough but then again thats what its all about in ol' Missouri. I didnt think I would like the Moto section of the track but I actually ended up not likeing the grass section more then anything. It was first off wayyyyyy to dusty, second it was super boring, and third... well I just didnt like it. Overall the Course was planned out well IMO and the split moto was a new experience. I think im going to actually finish this circuit. well that second moto killed me so im going to bed! (PS) DJ you need to slow up or ride the AA class from now on.

geogeorge
10-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by AnthonyWhite
That race was actually pretty fun. Kinda rough but then again thats what its all about in ol' Missouri. I didnt think I would like the Moto section of the track but I actually ended up not likeing the grass section more then anything. It was first off wayyyyyy to dusty, second it was super boring, and third... well I just didnt like it. Overall the Course was planned out well IMO and the split moto was a new experience. I think im going to actually finish this circuit. well that second moto killed me so im going to bed! (PS) DJ you need to slow up or ride the AA class from now on.

I had a blast. I guess I need rain to beat DJ. Well I was runner up again. 2nd +30. These old guys are fast.

scramblerracer
10-09-2005, 07:58 AM
I agree with you guys, I liked the split motos. I too normally do not like a motocross track as part of the course but I looked forward to it each lap. With the exception of the woops that track was great for quads. Great ride DJ, I am twice as old as you and half as fast. I can't wait to read about DJ and Devon at the GNCC in a few years. Hope to see everyone at the next race. Later Josh

dj400ex
10-09-2005, 01:01 PM
my lower back is killin me.. lol i need to work out somehow, but im to lazy lol.. i liked the track besides the whoops, and the promoters were good and my dad said the announcer that was speakin for the motorcross section was great.

geogeorge
10-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by dj400ex
my lower back is killin me.. lol i need to work out somehow, but im to lazy lol.. i liked the track besides the whoops, and the promoters were good and my dad said the announcer that was speakin for the motorcross section was great.

I'm 40 I can B*tch about my back, arms, butt, ect. Your still a kid why are you hurting? I had a great time. To bad I could not get up close to that one guy on the last lap. I think a pass in the whoops would have been great.:macho

Johnny & Monica
10-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by geogeorge
I'm 40 I can B*tch about my back, arms, butt, ect. Your still a kid why are you hurting? I had a great time. To bad I could not get up close to that one guy on the last lap. I think a pass in the whoops would have been great.:macho

Another good job Geoff :muscle: That 06 yfz is working well for you.

geogeorge
10-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Another good job Geoff :muscle: That 06 yfz is working well for you.

I'm scared that if I don't start doing good you will start ragging on me for racing Yamaha. :D

Or it could be the geratal working. I'm not sure but Hay so long as it works.:macho

jdwxv3
10-09-2005, 08:31 PM
My Bros had a good time. Mitch Werdehausen ended up 4th overall in Pro with a 3rd in moto 1 and a 5th in Moto 2. I belive Tony Friga won the overall and Josh Roberts was second. Either Carson Coffman, or Jake Wyatt took 3rd in Pro.

My Bro Casey W. raced B and took a 2nd in the first moto and lost a few too many teeth on his sprocket to go out in the last moto. He also lost his rear axle bearings(he says) I just think he was to tired eek2: ;)

Sorry if any details are off, I got most of my info from a bad cell connection.

geogeorge
10-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
My Bros had a good time. Mitch Werdehausen ended up 4th overall in Pro with a 3rd in moto 1 and a 5th in Moto 2. I belive Tony Friga won the overall and Josh Roberts was second. Either Carson Coffman, or Jake Wyatt took 3rd in Pro.

My Bro Casey W. raced B and took a 2nd in the first moto and lost a few too many teeth on his sprocket to go out in the last moto. He also lost his rear axle bearings(he says) I just think he was to tired eek2: ;)

Sorry if any details are off, I got most of my info from a bad cell connection.

Carson got 3rd in the pro class. DJ took 1st in the B class Miller the photot guy took 1st in +30 with me getting 2nd in the +30 class. It was a good warm up for the Flat river racing coming up.:macho

DJJ450r
10-09-2005, 09:00 PM
you forgot about me geoff:( lol... i got 2nd in B class behind DJ:D

AnthonyWhite
10-09-2005, 11:44 PM
Ya and u forgot me and you were pitted right next to me. I got 4th overall in B class. I think I could have had third if I would have pressured that Anthony guy a little more. I never noticed we had the same name untill after the race and I looked at the times. At least he's go ta good name :macho BTW shoe strings cought around the shifter is not a good thing when your trying to jump the large woops.

jdwxv3
10-10-2005, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by geogeorge
Carson got 3rd in the pro class. DJ took 1st in the B class Miller the photot guy took 1st in +30 with me getting 2nd in the +30 class. It was a good warm up for the Flat river racing coming up.:macho

Thanks for the updates. I am going riding one last time tonight before the Park Hills race then I have to go through the quad b/c there are a lot of things lose and my PRM brush gaurd is completly broke off. It is going to take some time to nurse the baby back into shape. It has had a rough couple weeks. I have to punish it for my bad finishes all year lol.

By the way, I have an 04 Z400 for sale to guys if you know anyone looking. It is bassically stock, it has a Scorpion Pipe, Jet Kit, AC nerfs, and Hand gaurds. The quad has probaly 10-15 hours on it.

geogeorge
10-10-2005, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
you forgot about me geoff:( lol... i got 2nd in B class behind DJ:D

Give me a break. I'm 40. heck I'm luck I could remimber how to get home. :confused:

I did not really for get about how you did but I did forget your names. So I thought it better to leave tht out then make a A** of myself by calling you two Amy and Jill. :devil:

jdwxv3
10-10-2005, 05:16 AM
I thought you and Shep were just going to number the little ankle biters:D

bigb426ex
10-10-2005, 07:40 AM
Thayer was an awesome place. I hate motocross tracks but this one I liked it a lot. I believe I got 5th overall in B class. My brother broke his chain off the start in the +30 class then got 1st in the second moto. I thought I heard the announcer talking when I entered the moto.

geogeorge
10-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by bigb426ex
Thayer was an awesome place. I hate motocross tracks but this one I liked it a lot. I believe I got 5th overall in B class. My brother broke his chain off the start in the +30 class then got 1st in the second moto. I thought I heard the announcer talking when I entered the moto.

So It was your Brother that I was trying to pass the second moto in the +30 class? Man he can ride. To bad the woods were so tight. I could not get a good line to pass him in the woods and the dust on the moto track maid it impossable there. Tell him good run.

bigb426ex
10-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Yeah, you pulled right next to us before the race before you parked at another spot. He was the one that asked if you were leaving. I'll tell him what you said.:D

geogeorge
10-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by bigb426ex
Yeah, you pulled right next to us before the race before you parked at another spot. He was the one that asked if you were leaving. I'll tell him what you said.:D

A few of the guys I races with in the missouri races were parked a few spots up so I mved up there. Next time I'll pit next to you guys so I can put weights on your brothers quad and slow him down. :devil:

jlm996s
10-11-2005, 11:10 AM
bigb426ex, I think I was parked next to you and your brother. I was riding the red 450r with a guy on a yellow z400. We were in a blue Ford Escape. I had a blast. Could have done without the dust!

bigb426ex
10-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Yep. I sure do remember. I think I was coughing dust the whole next day. Sure was a long ride home:o

AnthonyWhite
10-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Sure was a long ride home. Took us almost 5 hours of drive'n. But I didnt have to drive so I tried to catch some zzzzzzz while I could. Actually I think I passed out from exhaustion. :eek2: