PDA

View Full Version : 2005 GNCC "Unadilla" Round #11 Discussion Thread

Admin
09-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Please reserve the Live Coverage Thread for the actual coverage of the event, but feel free to ask your questions and share your comments here.

Johnny & Monica
09-23-2005, 10:06 AM
Oh I can't wait til the start tomorrow. Who's gonna win ?? Can't wait to see. I'm so excited. Looking forward to some video clips especially from that mean *** motocross section.

Momma B how many Mo guys are going? Haven't heard anything from you for awhile what did Johnny do to pizz ya off?

Johnny & Monica
09-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Everyone wants to know if Billy Ballance has shown up yet?????

fastrider450r
09-23-2005, 11:21 AM
yeah is Bill their and is he gonna race???????

fastrider450r
09-23-2005, 12:18 PM
is Smiley gonna be riding the OUTLAW??????
when is borich gonna be on the 06er??
WOW

Cdaleracer
09-23-2005, 12:29 PM
Go Bill Ballance!!! You can do it!!!

spincr4hire
09-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by fastrider450r
is Smiley gonna be riding the OUTLAW??????

i seriously doubt that

outlawATV
09-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Oh I can't wait til the start tomorrow. Who's gonna win ?? Can't wait to see. I'm so excited. Looking forward to some video clips especially from that mean *** motocross section.

Momma B how many Mo guys are going? Haven't heard anything from you for awhile what did Johnny do to pizz ya off?

Just Duane went. Michael had to work. They are trying to finish up a job that has to be done by Oct. 1. He really wanted to go but with no job, no money, no racing. lol. Not mad just been busy at the shop. Snowed under....
Good luck to everyone this weekend.
Monica: If ya need help posting or what ever let me know. If not home will be at the shop till noon. You have my cell. mommab

ex kid
09-23-2005, 04:23 PM
last min decision, we're going. hope to be there about 10 AM tomarrow.

racing Sport class on a blue Blaster.

Derno24
09-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by ex kid
last min decision, we're going. hope to be there about 10 AM tomarrow.

racing Sport class on a blue Blaster.

Talk about last minute! Make sure to find me when you are there!

racerxxgncc
09-23-2005, 10:09 PM
That mx section looks awesome! I wish I was there and not having too work all WEEKEND!:grr: But I am predicting that a Buddy of mine Todd Demaree will break the top 20 this weekend.:macho Guess time will tell. If at all possible just yell out what place he's in at somepoint during the race.

outlawATV
09-24-2005, 09:35 AM
Monica: You are doing great. This is awsome. Feels like I am there. Wish we were. mommab

jdwxv3
09-24-2005, 10:29 AM
Hey mommaB does either Duane or Michael have Roll Design IMS pegs? If so I need another set of those stainless steel nerfs Michael makes. Let me know. THanks, Josh

outlawATV
09-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Will do. I will have Michael get on this. How soon do you need them? Are you coming to Fort Dodge? mommab

jdwxv3
09-24-2005, 10:36 AM
No I am going to Park Hills. Let me know. THanks

outlawATV
09-24-2005, 10:37 AM
We won't be going there. Will be on the way to Fort Dodge. But we will figure something out. mommab

Johnny & Monica
09-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Troy is at NY aint he?along with Baker an husley?

outlawATV
09-24-2005, 10:52 AM
Troy is sitting right here by me watching what you post lol. mommab

Johnny & Monica
09-24-2005, 11:00 AM
2nd lie he told me that little pr#ck.Why aint he down here noterizing that tite for me lol?Did Duaene buy the new 06 Honda DON`T let Troy answer that:devil: I`m taking the kid`s to the rock quarryan Monica`s going to finish the coverage shes been on the phone for 4 hours :eek:

outlawATV
09-24-2005, 11:05 AM
Troy is so so busy. Bring the kids to Pattonsburg. We are going to the horseshoe race.They have classes for the 90s Starts at 5:00 Bradley is going to run Michaels quad.
Troy said to call him he could probably do it Monday. You have to buy him lunch though. mommab

Johnny & Monica
09-24-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by outlawATV
Troy is so so busy. Bring the kids to Pattonsburg. We are going to the horseshoe race.They have classes for the 90s Starts at 5:00 Bradley is going to run Michaels quad.
Troy said to call him he could probably do it Monday. You have to buy him lunch though. mommab

I suppose the truck stop keeps him off his feet all day haha:devil:

outlawATV
09-24-2005, 11:16 AM
I suppose he is taking your profit? Oh well maybe he will leave your number on the bathroom wall. mommab

Johnny & Monica
09-24-2005, 11:27 AM
Please leave the cell number and not the homephone. I stay out of these dealings completely. :devil:

Monica

IOWAracer
09-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Hey mommab this is Broc bromley can Micheal make some of those nerfs for a warrior thanks ahve a goodone BB#128

outlawATV
09-24-2005, 12:28 PM
I will ask him. He will probably need some measurements but I think we have a warrior in the shop so will check on that and get back with ya. mommab

outlawATV
09-24-2005, 01:34 PM
You don't reckon the batteries have gone dead?

Johnny & Monica
09-24-2005, 01:38 PM
Not sure sounds like I still have cell reception I'll give it another 10 minutes and then I'm going to end the call and see if someone calls back with info. I've been on the phone since around 8:30 this morning our time. I'm getting a crook in my neck. Tried to use a speaker phone but it was junk and you couldn't hear anything. The action was so good and so close to the end to stop but things happen.

burrows
09-24-2005, 01:57 PM
You did the best you could do. We are grateful for what you have done. You could of been at Taco Bells or riding with the kids. Thanks for keeping us up todate........mommab

Johnny & Monica
09-24-2005, 02:03 PM
The pro class was so exciting with all the changes at every check point. I can't wait to hear the final results. I don't know anybody else who went that I could call that would know anything. Didn't get hardly any info on the other classes. We need some more volunteers to help out with phone calls from the track.

Congrats to Harlen on his second place overall finish.:D

It's really quiet here with the 2 older kids gone with Johnny riding and Tess is playing with a couple of her friends so I'm not missing out. Taco Bell would hit the spot. I'm going on coffee and cigarettes.

TheFontMaster
09-24-2005, 05:11 PM
The racing action there was just insane. I was there all day today, Harlen threw me one of his cameras so I was out around the track all day taking pictures. I need a little work, but I got some good shots, I can't wait to see them in fullsize pics. Word of the site is deffinatley getting around, whenever I was around Harlen there were always people recognizing him, and I was seeing atvriders stickers on alot of quads, and 1 450r with an atvriders grafics kit. I haven't been to a GNCC before, I was surprised at how many people were actualy there, and I also learned next time I'm bringing a pit bike.:p

Johnny & Monica
09-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
The racing action there was just insane. I was there all day today, Harlen threw me one of his cameras so I was out around the track all day taking pictures. I need a little work, but I got some good shots, I can't wait to see them in fullsize pics. Word of the site is deffinatley getting around, whenever I was around Harlen there were always people recognizing him, and I was seeing atvriders stickers on alot of quads, and 1 450r with an atvriders grafics kit. I haven't been to a GNCC before, I was surprised at how many people were actualy there, and I also learned next time I'm bringing a pit bike.:p

Your first GNCC?? Boy you picked a good one!!!!!

TheFontMaster
09-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Your first GNCC?? Boy you picked a good one!!!!!

O tell me about it, and I thought the gnc nationals that was there earlier in the year was awsome, the gncc totaly blew that away. New York is kind of away from alot of the nationals races, but with them comming to unadilla now, which is 40 minutes away from my house, it's just awsome.

Bonnie Cook
09-25-2005, 05:25 AM
The race was awesome -- on the first lap, Bill Ballance and Mike Houston were wheel to wheel. Houston was riding great! Then FST represented in third and fourth. Then on the next lap, Jenks and Cook decided to take the lead. All day, orange was showing out!
I want to congratulate all the Four Stroke Tech Team riders for sure on representing so well!! TWO IN A ROW FOR FST!

jdwxv3
09-25-2005, 05:46 AM
Congrats FST Team. And also to Bryan Baker riding great and making the Missouri crowd proud with his 3rd place finish overall!

Admin
09-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Photo Galleries
Morning Race Gallery (http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2005_gncc_11_morning_atv/index.html)

Afternoon Race Gallery (http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2005_gncc_11_afternoon_atv/index.html)

KILLAQuad
09-26-2005, 10:36 AM
I LUVED THAT TRACK...

But the one thing i didnt luv was the people that dont know how to ride in RUTS..... every hill every stright every turn... i had to yell at people to just keep going cause they where letting off the gas and getting stuck....

PEOPLE THAT CANT RIDE PISS ME OFF.... But i have to remeber that i was just like that last year....

I cant wait to get to the Afternoon next year in Open B so i can go a little faster than a CREEP....

But overall ... i LUVED The track ... great race....:macho

Jake250ex
09-26-2005, 04:11 PM
I am not bashing the coverage or anything, but how come everyone who takes pics never goes back to the obstacles? It would make coverage much better/more entertaining. 100 pictures of riders going across a flat field gets old.

Admin
09-26-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
I am not bashing the coverage or anything, but how come everyone who takes pics never goes back to the obstacles? It would make coverage much better/more entertaining. 100 pictures of riders going across a flat field gets old.

In the gallery there are several photos from the woods, hill climbs, and mud holes.

We do our best to get the most intense action, but it is tough to take many in the woods because of the dust in the air and the distance it takes to get to one location to another.

Maybe, when we head to Ironman, you will help out with the Woods photos and hill climbs.

Pappy
09-26-2005, 05:13 PM

you covering $6000 in camera gear that gets covered in mud and dirt and dust:confused: if so, ill get you some more action pics...lmao

jlhughes750
09-26-2005, 05:21 PM

sounds like jake250ex is volunteering for the next round!!!!!!!!!

How bout we check out his website and see what his race coverage looks like!

hahahahaha:blah:

Pappy
09-26-2005, 05:27 PM
ive had my toes run over by almost every pro there is ....and quite a few amatuers:o if he can find a better way to get the shot without getting run over and used as traction 7 miles from ANYONE, im all for it:p

maybe racer productions will takes his post and cut is photographers small areas where the lighting will be perfect, along with teh angle so we can get in the action:confused:

i dunno, getting the shot with one hand and being the "anchor" on a hillclimb is as involved as im getting:devil:

TheFontMaster
09-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
ive had my toes run over by almost every pro there is ....and quite a few amatuers:o if he can find a better way to get the shot without getting run over and used as traction 7 miles from ANYONE, im all for it:p

And I thought I was close to the people racing this weekend, someone is dedicated to is photography.:macho

Pappy
09-26-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
And I thought I was close to the people racing this weekend, someone is dedicated to is photography.:macho

Brandon Ballance got me pretty good last year, he got hard on the gas and the quad pulled about 3 inches closer then i expected and damn near ripped my boots off:p its our risk for sure, but for the most part we stay well out of the way:o \

and tree's are our friends:p

TheFontMaster
09-26-2005, 05:50 PM
and tree's are our friends:p

Ahh yes, I learned that pritty quikly, unfortunatly the lighting in the woods wasn't good enough to get some good pics, I was liking some of the shots I could have gotten.

Jake250ex
09-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Thats what I'm talkin bout Pappy!

I wasnt trying to make anyone mad :eek2: And I dont have a website...

I didn't really think the cameras were all that expensive, but then again I'm sure RP's video cameras aren't cheap. I would try and get some pics if I knew what I was doing :D

Pappy
09-26-2005, 08:21 PM
well, we do the best we can. the riders will tell you, getting a poerson in a position to get a picture can be dangerous for us both. IMO its always the best thing to NEVER endanger a rider....the photog is an afterthought. I rarely if ever will even use my flash because it can distract a rider etc.

if there is a way for us safely to get a killer action shot then we will, but sometimes the lighting is so poor that pictures are worthless, or the dust so bad we can not even begin to get quality pictures. sometimes your stuck with crap....but if you look around the internet you will find we have some of the best pictures there are of this type of racing.

we dont mind being critizied, but understand this type of racing is not on a MX track where you have a myriad of locations to catch the best lighting and pics of the action;) i know i have had several close calls, but i put myself in positions to bring the action into my camrera, a rider blows a turn and im toast. thanksfully we have some serious talent out there and i have to trust thier ability.

bigvforcer
09-27-2005, 09:06 AM
I would be willing to help out that weekend. It will be my first GNCC to come to. I have hare scrambled. I am not racing though.

Not that it makes me better but I do have a background in photgraphy, took classes back in high school. Dont know that I will ever be as good as some of the ones you all take though!

Admin
09-27-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by bigvforcer
I would be willing to help out that weekend. It will be my first GNCC to come to. I have hare scrambled. I am not racing though.

Not that it makes me better but I do have a background in photgraphy, took classes back in high school. Dont know that I will ever be as good as some of the ones you all take though!

Awesome, and Thanks offering to help out.

bigvforcer
09-27-2005, 04:37 PM
As we get a little closer to the Ironman, let me know where I need to meet you and what I need to bring to help out!

prepracing
09-27-2005, 10:14 PM

maybe racer productions will takes his post and cut is photographers small areas where the lighting will be perfect, along with teh angle so we can get in the action:confused:

i dunno, getting the shot with one hand and being the "anchor" on a hillclimb is as involved as im getting:devil:

pack a light weight climbing tree stand in with you and get us some good airial photos :blah:

Pappy
09-28-2005, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by prepracing
pack a light weight climbing tree stand in with you and get us some good airial photos :blah:

trust me, i have eye'd up several treestands that always seem to be close to the track to use as a platform. i know harlen and myself both have climed up tree's for shots before, not too mention get in ditchs up to our beltline to get the shot:D