PDA

View Full Version : bad injuries

culookn
09-23-2005, 08:30 AM
Ive been riding ever since i was 10 and back in july that all came to an end when i broke my back (crushed my t12 and fractured another vertabrae). i finished building my quad maybe 2 months before this happened and im devasted i cant ride anymore for a very very long time. plus i could use the money so im selling the 450 b/c im out of work. i just wanna know if anyone else has had injuries that have taken you out completly or even for a long time.

Quad18star
09-23-2005, 08:33 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122775&highlight=warning+graphic+images

A year and 1 month and still counting . Next scheduled surgery is November 7th to remove and insert a new rod and shave down some bone . I won't be doing any riding again this winter . :grr:

RaptorRacer45
09-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Back in 2000 i puntured a lung and got some briuses after i flipped my old Suzuki 185 back on me off a 20 foot stone pile....that left me outta riding for about 3 months and gave me an 8 day stay in the Hospital....but other than that havent had any (major) injuries during riding

Mxjunkie
09-23-2005, 11:22 AM
I hear ya, my dad was hill shooting with a few buddys, he went to climb a 400ft hill, a guy started to come down the hill my dad had to stop the quad flipped back, he fell off and hit a tree then the quad smashed into him smashing him into the tree then rolled down about 300ft.. he broke his thrid vertabra he cant ride motocross or anything anymore. which I am bummed about because it was kinda fun having someone to ride with all the time.

When I was 10 at flyingdutchmen in pine grove pa on my lt80 I tryed a jump I shouldnt have and Nose dived into the face, my knee went into my bar and the quad crushed me lol, I had to get surgery and pins in my knee, and I broke my tailbone. quit quads and went to bikes and it led to about 4 broken wrists and f'ed my knee up even more lol..

I'd keep the quad and just wait it out.

riley racing
09-23-2005, 11:47 AM
I know what you are feeling about being out of work due to your injury. My husband wreckedracing on August 27th and flipped three times with the quad landing on his twice which resulted in him breaking his back. He broke 5 vertebrae T2, T4,5,6,7. He is a hurting unit. He also suffered major internal brusing on his left side. As for me I haven't had anything too major that I may have only missed one race or two. My son was taken out of racing competion last year in July at Pine Lake, Ashtabula TT in Ohio due to a 12 year old boy driving a Kawai Mule and backed over my son while he was on a bicylce. This resulted in a broken knee cap & a dislocated hip. With my son only being 8 years old he was able to bounce back fairly well. He still complains of some pain and tenderness every now & then. He didn't start racing again till Mid July on this year so he was out an entire year. Thank goodness that was all.

culookn
09-23-2005, 01:24 PM
it sucks not being able to do anything. i would love to go out and just ride like i used to be i cant. everyday i go outside and just look at the 450 sitting in the shed. and everytime i say the same thing "what a waste".

K-Dub
09-23-2005, 04:50 PM
Came up short on a 80' triple and compressed my spine and cracked 2 vertabra. Had to quit riding, took a year off and tried to ride again but my back wouldnt take it. 10 years later I decided to try again so far so good. So hang in there for awhile.