PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know much about Chevy C/K pickups?

drifterx
09-22-2005, 05:33 PM
I've got a 91 Chevy Silverado and the chrome on my grille shell is peeling off. I want to throw on one of the newer 94-98 grilles... I think they look a lot better than then 88-93 grilles. I saw an article about the swap, and they used new inner and outer bumper brackets, and the new front and side bumper-to-fender fillers. Are these really necessary? My bumper, and bumper fillers are in good shape, and i don't want to shell out any extra dough if i don't need to. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks a lot! :)

underpowered
09-22-2005, 05:50 PM
try here, www.fullsizechevy.com, it is a great site, very similar to this one but for chevy and gmc trucks. they people on there are verly helpful and i am sure someone has done this on that site before or atleast knows how to do it.

Rich250RRacer
09-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by drifterx
I've got a 91 Chevy Silverado and the chrome on my grille shell is peeling off. I want to throw on one of the newer 94-98 grilles... I think they look a lot better than then 88-93 grilles. I saw an article about the swap, and they used new inner and outer bumper brackets, and the new front and side bumper-to-fender fillers. Are these really necessary? My bumper, and bumper fillers are in good shape, and i don't want to shell out any extra dough if i don't need to. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks a lot! :)

The original bumper will be fine, but you WILL need a new filler panel. The center mounting screw (near the chevy emblem) will not work, you can get the mounting bracket from a 94 or newer, but they never seem to line up correctly. This screw is not really needed. Also the 88-93 turn signal/running lights don't bolt up correctly, so you should look for a newer set.

drifterx
09-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
The original bumper will be fine, but you WILL need a new filler panel. The center mounting screw (near the chevy emblem) will not work, you can get the mounting bracket from a 94 or newer, but they never seem to line up correctly. This screw is not really needed. Also the 88-93 turn signal/running lights don't bolt up correctly, so you should look for a newer set.

Thanks a lot! Junkyard, here I come!
:D