PDA

View Full Version : Bmx bike problems

rmz250
09-22-2005, 05:22 PM
I have a jamie bestwick promodel gt bike. I recently decided to run straight cable so i got rid of the gyro. I have 1 big spacer,and a medium in there. I also have the **** to keep the fork from moving but its still moving and wheneverI tighten it it either gets to hard to steer or wiggles lose. Locktite won't work either. any suggestions?

trick450r
09-22-2005, 05:25 PM
out your gyro back on...

rmz250
09-22-2005, 05:26 PM
I don't want my gyro back on. I wanna run straight cable.

300ex_ryda
09-22-2005, 05:29 PM
Barrings are shot, Do you ride much?

rmz250
09-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Yea but the bearings in it are fine.

JDiablo
09-22-2005, 05:33 PM
ever think about going brakeless?its not as bad as most people think,just a suggestion though,no flame intended

300ex_ryda
09-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Oh...Ok, i just got hooked up by giant. I ride a Mtb but o well.

Hon300ex
09-22-2005, 05:41 PM
yea i think its ur bearing, i have to go to the store becuz mine are bad. ive only had my bike for 9 months and i need new ones

rmz250
09-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
ever think about going brakeless?its not as bad as most people think,just a suggestion though,no flame intended

Thats what i'm doin till i get my cable. Brakes are for sissies.

JDiablo
09-22-2005, 05:46 PM
The only downfall is when it is wet its a lil harder to stop,and i usually went through about 2 pairs of shoes a month without brakes

09-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida

I have a diamondback n i went brakeless just cuz my rim is so bent i cant use the brakes the pads rub

Mxjunkie
09-22-2005, 09:19 PM
you need more spacers.. Take the gyro piece that was there and throw it in there. chop the fittings off it you dont want them there but thats whats wrong with it.

rmz250
09-23-2005, 12:43 PM
I'll get a pic of it.

enduro400rider
09-23-2005, 02:20 PM
i would put you gyro back on. they are alot better than straight cables, trust me i ve done both on my bike, (redline supaX) i had a straight line put on my bike about three months after i got it, my stupid freind did bar spins in the same direction and snaped the cable. i just gave up on it and been runnin no brakes since, its not bad at all you just gotta do foot jams to stop. while all the bmx people are on this thread i got a quick question, last week i was ridin a wheelie up my freinds driveway. all of a suden it felt like the chain fell off, i fell pretty hard and got back up and the chain was fine it was in place and tight, i pedeled but the bike goes no ware, its almost like your pedaling back wards. if you get on it and pedal it will sometimes go for a pedal or two and then does the same thing. the chain is good and tight, the sprokets are good too, is in some thing in the rear hub? any one know what it is and how easily can it be fixed

Mxjunkie
09-23-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by enduro400rider
i would put you gyro back on. they are alot better than straight cables, trust me i ve done both on my bike, (redline supaX) i had a straight line put on my bike about three months after i got it, my stupid freind did bar spins in the same direction and snaped the cable. i just gave up on it and been runnin no brakes since, its not bad at all you just gotta do foot jams to stop. while all the bmx people are on this thread i got a quick question, last week i was ridin a wheelie up my freinds driveway. all of a suden it felt like the chain fell off, i fell pretty hard and got back up and the chain was fine it was in place and tight, i pedeled but the bike goes no ware, its almost like your pedaling back wards. if you get on it and pedal it will sometimes go for a pedal or two and then does the same thing. the chain is good and tight, the sprokets are good too, is in some thing in the rear hub? any one know what it is and how easily can it be fixed

Broke your freewheel.

enduro400rider
09-23-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
Broke your freewheel.

thats what my buddy told me but i wasnt sure if he knew what he was talkin about, can it be fixed or should i just buy a new hub?

Mxjunkie
09-23-2005, 02:26 PM
take it to a shop and have them put a new one on it, I have to do the same soon. I broke mine completely in half.

standardryder
09-23-2005, 03:47 PM
there not hard to repleace, you can get em from www.danscomp.com for like 20 bucks. you might be able to get the old one off with a screwdriver and a hammer, but they make a special tool to get it off. as for the fork question, there is a little tapered washer inside the headset that has a slit down the middle of it, take it out and see if its worn down. i kinda had the same problem with a brass washer, it was to small so when i tightened it the dust cap was rubbing the top cup, and when i loosend it, the forks were loose. if that doesnt help you need new bearings. there fairly cheap you can get em at the link i just sent you.:)