PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Rekluse for MX?!?

eastside 400
09-22-2005, 05:20 PM
Just wondering if anyone uses the Rekluse auto clutch for MX, it seems like it would be awesome once you get armpump and cant pull the clutch plus no stalling when rear brake sliding into the turns, anyone using it give your reviews, Thanks

Ridin' Jesse
09-22-2005, 05:44 PM
I was actually wondering about this too..someone on the site has to have tried it! :D

eastside 400
09-24-2005, 06:17 PM
anyone?

Moto92
09-24-2005, 11:39 PM
I dont see how it would work for mx. One is the start, I launch in second gear with the throttle pinned and the just let her rip. Another thing would be reving and then popping the clutch in a corner to get the rear end to slide. And if you use the rear brake in the air you have to pull the clutch to completely disengage it so you wont kill the engine.

44oEX
09-25-2005, 08:57 AM
well you can still use the clutch for starting, like you normaly would...and if you hit the brakes in the air you won't need to touch the clutch any more...and no it won't kill the engine...thats what it for.

I am having the same problem as you...get to the point where I can't pull the clutch in any more..then hit the brake and stall...I am hoping to get a 450r for next year....I will have a reckluse on it for shure...I can't really see it bieng bad

hondaracer31
09-25-2005, 03:23 PM
I've actually practiced on a YFZ with the Recluse clutch on it and it worked well. You can't stall it and the clutch lever still works for starts and bursts of power in corners, etc.

eastside 400
09-25-2005, 05:31 PM
i might be looking into that instead of motor work this winter but i just bent my stem in a nasty crash at atco and my flexx bars are just sitting in my garage until i can get i new stem, for now i just have my stock bars and stem on. and my ac's took a crap this year, i bought them 1 year old and they are bent and hit the ground off of jumps, i even got new bars welded on the mounts that are the correct diameter so they dont wobble and they lasted 1 race before they bent and wobble now and they were made of chromoly

scrapen
09-26-2005, 01:56 PM
It depends how hard u race one of my buddy's had one in his 450r and i wouldnt hold up twice. And I was installed by Rekluse personally. So I dont really trust them unless its for rec riding. Im my opinion

Colby@C&DRacing
09-27-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by scrapen
It depends how hard u race one of my buddy's had one in his 450r and i wouldnt hold up twice. And I was installed by Rekluse personally. So I dont really trust them unless its for rec riding. Im my opinion

instillation and maintence on the Rekluse are key. I am still on the stock 04 clutch with my rekluse that has hundreds of hrs on it. 2 maxxis 6 hr races 2 full Iowa harescramble seasons with double duty this year morning and afternoon haven't had problems I make sure that I check the gap with every oil change lube the clutch cable and make sure the external adjustment is correct. There are a limited few people that this clutch will not work and last. I had a customers 450r that I could ride for a couple of hrs check the clutch it was perfect and let him take it home and he would have problems with in an hour of riding, he either has some bad riding habits and another thing he did with his is ride wheelies/ balanced wheelies all the time and I have never done that with our rekluse.

As for using the rekluse racing mx I have only had the chance to race 1 mx event. I liked it I used the clutch off the line and still feathered it in the corners, worked great.

duke416ex
09-27-2005, 09:21 AM
Do you think the balanced wheelies are gonna cause trouble on the rekluse, I have one in my 450 and we play around with a lot of wheelies just for fun, usually before and after riding. I just wonder if this is going to cause me to have a lot of trouble with it.

Colby@C&DRacing
09-27-2005, 09:28 AM
I can't say for sure that the wheelies caused the problems all I know is no matter what I did he rode it and destroyed the clutch everytime.

44oEX
09-27-2005, 11:54 AM
if some one would want to play with wheelies alot...is there a way to set the clutch as if it was not there...like that you would HAVE to use the clutch like normal???

And if so could this be done in a couple minutes? or would you have to take everything apart??

I know it's a little complicated...if you don't know what I mean i'll try to explain better..thanks

duke416ex
09-27-2005, 02:10 PM
I have been on the phone with Rekluse quite often here recently, I was told that I could get the clutch to perform like a normal clutch with the exception of stalling when you slow down. When mine was together it worked fairly like a normal clutch except it did nothing at idle, but with just a little throttle it would engage and take off.

44oEX
09-27-2005, 04:07 PM
well that is the point of the clutch

ThumPIN_450R
09-27-2005, 04:33 PM
atvriders member daddio has them installed on his sons yfz's 3 quads totall and his son is very fast and he swears by them you could ask him what he thinks

duke416ex
09-28-2005, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by 44oEX
well that is the point of the clutch

The clutch can be set up for a really wide range of use though. I really had mine set up right at or a littel under tolerance. That made it engage sooner than normal, and it would even pull just a little at times. I believe it actually isnt supposed to engage until I think 2500 rpm or so and mine would engage with just a tap of the throttle, if you weren't holding on it would about jerk you off.

For motorcross the setup is a little different. It is meant to slip a lot more than in xc. The setup in motox allows you to supposedly run into a corner hotter cause you aren't worried about the clutch and you can just jam the brakes and then hammer the gas full throttle out of the curve and it should slip enough to prevent the front from coming up. You don't have to worry about feathering the clutch, it would be good I guess but I don't like for my clutch to slip and you can set it up to not fully engage to like 8 or 9k. I just wanted stock feel after take off.

WhiteZee
09-28-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by duke416ex
The clutch can be set up for a really wide range of use though. I really had mine set up right at or a littel under tolerance. That made it engage sooner than normal, and it would even pull just a little at times. I believe it actually isnt supposed to engage until I think 2500 rpm or so and mine would engage with just a tap of the throttle, if you weren't holding on it would about jerk you off.

For motorcross the setup is a little different. It is meant to slip a lot more than in xc. The setup in motox allows you to supposedly run into a corner hotter cause you aren't worried about the clutch and you can just jam the brakes and then hammer the gas full throttle out of the curve and it should slip enough to prevent the front from coming up. You don't have to worry about feathering the clutch, it would be good I guess but I don't like for my clutch to slip and you can set it up to not fully engage to like 8 or 9k. I just wanted stock feel after take off.
you dont sound like you have a clue about what your talking about? why in the hell would anyone not want it to fully engage untill 8 or 9k????

duke416ex
09-28-2005, 03:08 PM
I didn't say anyone would want it to not engage til then, I said you can set it up like that. If you know anything about the clutches you know about the steel and titanium balls in them and how changing the amount of each can change how and when it engages and also what the perch adjuster does. I am not claiming to know a lot about them, I just know what I have learned in having mine for the past few months. I have had mine adjusted several different ways before I finally got it how I wanted it and some settings it was over half throttle before it was fully engaged.

WhiteZee
09-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by duke416ex
I didn't say anyone would want it to not engage til then, I said you can set it up like that. If you know anything about the clutches you know about the steel and titanium balls in them and how changing the amount of each can change how and when it engages and also what the perch adjuster does. I am not claiming to know a lot about them, I just know what I have learned in having mine for the past few months. I have had mine adjusted several different ways before I finally got it how I wanted it and some settings it was over half throttle before it was fully engaged.
no titanium balls in the rekluse bud, they are steel and tugson carbide.

IHAMMERhammer1
09-29-2005, 02:40 PM
he loves it...been through 2 trannys but... its not the clutch

duke416ex
09-30-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
no titanium balls in the rekluse bud, they are steel and tugson carbide.

Sorry I got in a hurry and typed the wrong material, point was changing the amount of Tungston and steel balls will change a lot about how the clutch engages.

Matt102
10-08-2005, 02:01 PM
If anyone is interested I am selling my rekluse. I need some money for books so I'm selling some of my stuff. I'm asking 320 shipped. The only thing is you'll need 3 new bolts that hold the rekluse onto the stock hub. They are just about stripped and I wouldn't trust them to go back in. Other than that it is in good shape. I have pictures if anyone is interested. Just give me your e-mail.