PDA

View Full Version : Sub Rockers??

QuadJunkies
09-22-2005, 01:58 PM
I have ordered all new parts for my Tranny EXCEPT the Sub-rockers?(not sure if thats what they are REALLY called)

How do you know wwen they need to be replaced?? I know the Rockers themselves show a small amt of wear but wasnt sure if I really needed to change the Subs for sure.

mikeboone
09-22-2005, 08:27 PM
Yes, they are called subrockers. The rockers ride on cam and transfer lift to subs that open the valves.

The s/r's have a round tappet and do wear concave over time from hitting the top of valve. If they dont appear flat you may look into replacing.

MIKE400EX
09-22-2005, 09:28 PM
Aaaagggghhh, now I've got to go take them back out of the head and put'em back in the tranny! J/P Boone :p

I believe they're called "shift forks" QJ. Yes, if they are worn or bent then it's worth replacing them. The contact areas do get shiney with use, that's OK.

QuadJunkies
09-22-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by MIKE400EX
Aaaagggghhh, now I've got to go take them back out of the head and put'em back in the tranny! J/P Boone :p

I believe they're called "shift forks" QJ. Yes, if they are worn or bent then it's worth replacing them. The contact areas do get shiney with use, that's OK. nope, these are not the shift forks, Ill post a pic and show ya what Im talkin about ;)
I got word from the shop locally that I dont need them and... I made not need a basket either!! That would be NICE!

See those little arms BELOW the Rockers, those are the sub rockers...I did end up replacing the rockers though, now they DID need it .

I Love learning all this stuff!! :blah:

I know I already need new shiftforks :( It all goes back together this wk end .

MIKE400EX
09-23-2005, 07:30 AM
Sorry, it was late and I thought you were asking about parts in the tranny. My apology to you guys.
..and Boone answered best.

QuadJunkies
09-23-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by MIKE400EX
Sorry, it was late and I thought you were asking about parts in the tranny. My apology to you guys.
..and Boone answered best. thats OK, I did actually start to talk about the Tranny ,then shifted to the Sub rockers... My bad :o
I tell ya , Im going to have a nervous break down here soon if I dont get this thing together so I can ride...:scary: :p

JOEX
09-23-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
thats OK, I did actually start to talk about the Tranny ,then shifted to the Sub rockers... My bad :o
I thought you were talking about putting speakers on your quad!:eek2: :p

QuadJunkies
09-23-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I thought you were talking about putting speakers on your quad!:eek2: :p hahaha... Well... that woulb be cool!! :cool: