PDA

View Full Version : Supertrapp IDSII

Drtridr18
09-21-2001, 02:46 PM
Does anybody else have the Supertrapp IDSII pipe on their 400ex? Why don't they sell one with a headpipe, and will a FMF powerbomb or hi-flo work if i decide to get a header for it? My god friend has the Supertrapp on his, dunno how many discs, but it sounds good, deep, and not real raspy cause the discs are enclosed. Seems the quality is good too. Definitely more torque than a stocker.

Thanks for the opinions!

09-21-2001, 03:50 PM
never rode a 400 with one on but have ridden a 300 with one on . this was when my 300ex was stack and he killed me off the line and all the way to top end. then he let me ride it and it much more tourqe and power than my stocker i felt for the price it was a good all around pipe

09-22-2001, 09:57 AM
i really like the White Brother pipes.
I have one on mine and so does my freind.
we raced many times and i beat him 4-5quad lenths at the line.
o took off towards top end.
he beat me off the line.

i think the suppertrapp is more low-end
and white brothers top-end

its what you want,
both pipes are GREAT!

09-22-2001, 04:02 PM
I have that pipe on mine and it's great! I also put 6 1" holes in my airbox lid(vented) and a 155 main jet. The first 3 gears rev much quicker now. I can have it ideling in gear, nail the throttle, and it roars past the stocker. no hesitation at all, even though the stocker didn't, this is just more responsive. faster that stock, thats for sure. It is light, and looks awesome. I think that the sound is the best feature of the pipe. All pipes will give you more power, but some sound blatty and loud. Mine, with 9 disks is the second best sounding 4-stroke I've ever heard(yz426 still sounds deeper, and gruntier), and is by far the best sounding 400ex i've heard(my opinion, some people like really loud raspy and blatty pipes) A mega max sounds crappy compared to this pipe, although the mega max is quieter. It isn't too loud though, but deep, rumbly, and throaty, and not your typical plain, blatty, 4-stroke sound at all. Plus, I got mine a lot cheaper than a White bros, of FMF, or big gun, by over $100(canadian).

Things I don't care about are the bolts that can seize, and fall out. and the supertrapp logo on the pipe looses it's color after a wile(my friends scrambler's supertrapp pipe did, although not mine), and it is rivited on which may fall off.

Installation was a pain. The little connector pipe(s bend) had too steep of an angle and I had to bend my header down a bit to get the bracket to line up. should be a one piece setup. and the disks are a little pain to change. but once you get everything setup, it is awesome.

I say buy a supertrapp IDS2 and have a very mean sounding 4-stroke.

09-22-2001, 05:35 PM
how much is the ids2 and will the powerbomb header work with it

Foxrage
09-22-2001, 06:04 PM
I have heard it on a warrior it didnt sound good but you can tune it good with the discs. Which is a nice feature. I like my pro circuit.