PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help with an Essay

CaptainCanuck
09-22-2005, 09:33 AM
My english teacher wants us to write about the humorous/negative sides of being bi-racial...I know its tough and i cant come up with any ideas. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thanks.

Quad18star
09-22-2005, 09:55 AM
By bi-racial you mean like your mom is white and your dad is black ?? Why do teachers always come up with stupid topics ?!?!?

CaptainCanuck
09-22-2005, 10:21 AM
Yeah like two different colours. We read an article on a guy who was half indian, half white and now we have to write on it basically. I really need help.

Quad18star
09-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Well I know one benefit to being black ... but I don't think your teacher would like it too much . Actually there's another benefit to being black , I'd be making millions playing basketball .:p J/K I never really thought about what the benefits of being white are . :confused: ;)

CaptainCanuck
09-22-2005, 10:36 AM
My teacher is black so i kind of have to lay low on the black comments.

660Grizz04
09-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Wow some of the weird stuff they come up with .... Thats a really hard topic .... You meen like you have to state facts of what the advantages are of being each race ??

WOracing
09-22-2005, 11:00 AM
i wouldnt even write the essay. tell your teacher your not comfortable with the topic. i did that once and the grade was dropped:)

CaptainCanuck
09-22-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm in college, she'll tell me to write or get a zero. But I really need help. I dont need facts about it, i just some humourous stuff or serious stuff about it. Just anything. at this point im desperate.

Quad18star
09-22-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by WOracing
i wouldnt even write the essay. tell your teacher your not comfortable with the topic. i did that once and the grade was dropped:)

LOL ... good idea . I wonder what would happen if you told the teacher you were racist . :confused:

Alright ... since you're desperate I'll try and help you out . Benefits of being white/native . Natives get tax breaks , natives have special regulations when it comes to fishing/hunting . I still don't know the benefits of being white ... maybe the fact that we aren't a minority in this country .

zephead400ex
09-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Well I can only think of one postive...but I've never had to experience this. However, I used to date a girl who had their cousin, a bi-racial girl (black and white) live them. She was the cutest girl ever. She was no different than anyone else in the household.

Postive: more cultured

Negative:
racial bias by others - not being accepted by a community
expected to "act" a certain color (black, white, etc.) by others

stevez400
09-22-2005, 11:19 AM
My sister had almost the same question but it was benifits of a man over a women and vice versa.

Give me a bit and I'll get something up for you. Unless this is for today?

CaptainCanuck
09-22-2005, 12:00 PM
no, its not due for about a week but im trying to get it completed as soon as possible. Thanks everyone.

CaptainCanuck
09-22-2005, 07:44 PM
bump

thrasher_ex
09-22-2005, 09:23 PM
dude she can't doc your grade for your own personal opinions. the essay would be graded on getting your point across, not what your points are. so dont worry if theres something you want to say but are afraid you'll offend her and it will hurt your grade.

advantages of being white - not discriminated towards

advantages of being black - can call black people n****** without pissing them off lol, extra tendon in leg (naturally better athletes), get to use "its cuz im black aint it" on someone when they yell at you

rmz250
09-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Well I know one benefit to being black ... but I don't think your teacher would like it too much . Actually there's another benefit to being black , I'd be making millions playing basketball .:p J/K I never really thought about what the benefits of being white are . :confused: ;)

one benefitof being black is your hands are stickier.

zephead400ex
09-23-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by thrasher_ex
...advantages of being white - not discriminated towards

:eek2: WTF are you talking about? The white mail is discriminated against more and more than any minority.

WOracing
09-23-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by rmz250
one benefitof being black is your hands are stickier.

lmfao!! that was hilarious:blah: