PDA

View Full Version : ar 15 style upper

kicker696
09-21-2005, 08:19 PM
i'm looking for a used ar 15 upper, prefer used in good condition, will take new though, let me know what you have!

Pappy
09-22-2005, 05:08 AM
before i catch any crap from where we have deleted "guns" for sale in the past, the upper assembly can be sold without registration issues from state to state, and there are no age restrictions on the sale or purchase of upper recievers.

kicker696
09-22-2005, 10:52 AM
thank you pappy, if i offended anyone, i appolagize, not my intent

Pappy
09-22-2005, 11:07 AM
no apology needed, i have cuaght flak over deleting guns for sale. we dont want any part of firearms being sold etc.

upper recievers arent regulated unless they are below a certain length so i dont see a problem with it.

im getting ready to buy a new upper for one of mine, just havent done much looking as of yet. a good place to look is www.shotgunnews.com

i think that is thier website. if not run a search on shotgun news. tons of parts for sale

bradrenea
09-22-2005, 02:42 PM
I built a few using parts kits from Model 1 Sales. They have an ad in shotgun news. Thier parts kits came with assembled uppers and they seemed to be good quality. They said that they could not tell me who manufactured the parts for them since they sold them so cheap, but did say it was one of the current government contractors, so that would be bushmaster or olympia. The ones I built cost less than $500 total after I bought name brand forged receivers, so there prices are excellent. You might also try the for sale board on ar15.com or snipercountry.com

kicker696
09-22-2005, 05:58 PM
yeh, shotgun news is where i have been looking, i'm going to build a coyote gun. I have a 17hmr, but i want somthing that can reach a little more than 150 yards with power. I shot one with the .17 about a week ago from a little under 150 and it hardly went through. My brother has a bushmaster varmint gun, not sure of the exact model, but we were hunting up by the U.P. and he got one from just shy of 500 yards.