PDA

View Full Version : fish tanks

lol
09-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Anyone here have fish tanks? Im gettin a 55 gallon soon and i was thinking of an oscar...post some pics

Doober
09-21-2005, 08:27 PM
ill get some pics of ours tomm for ya im pretty sure ours is a 55 gallon one too

LT250Racer609
09-21-2005, 09:50 PM
i have a 55 gallon with a big *** oscar lol

Mikesamillion
09-21-2005, 09:56 PM
i used to have a 55 gal. they are cool but alot of up keep.

jesshamner
09-21-2005, 10:16 PM
I can't remember what size tank I have. I think its a 30 or 35 gal. I have 4 african cichlids and one algae eater (sucker). I love my fish. They are definitely the best pets to have as far as maintenance goes.

09-21-2005, 11:08 PM
I have three tanks, 1 with a red belly pirhana
1 with an electric catfish
and a 55 with south american cichlids.. I started out with pry 30 fish abd have like 5 now.

I've had three different oscars in that 55 but they get their *sses handed to them and die

2002400ex
09-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Definately get a oscar! It is awesome watchin them eat other fish:p

4oorider
09-22-2005, 04:33 PM
its fun watching the big fish eat the feeders. We had a 55 or 75 gallon with 2 gars, some cichlids, knifefish, and some oscars. Man were they cool.

bulkdriverlp
09-22-2005, 04:59 PM
fish tanks are a lot of work. ill never own another:mad:

armoks
09-22-2005, 05:19 PM
I have a 55 gal built into my bar in my basement. All I need to do is change the filters once a month and add 5 gallons of water once a month. I have an 18 inch Alligator Gar and a 15 inch pleco in there.

jesshamner
09-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by armoks
I have a 55 gal built into my bar in my basement. All I need to do is change the filters once a month and add 5 gallons of water once a month. I have an 18 inch Alligator Gar and a 15 inch pleco in there.

^^^^I'm with stupid. I just add water when needed along with some stress coat. I make sure I change the filter regularly and I clean it when needed which is not very often...maybe once every 2 months. My fish are very active and healthy in these conditions. The only real aggrivating maintanence I have to do is adjust larger rocks and formations that I make. They always move the gravel and cause my rock piles and caves to collapse.

09-22-2005, 11:36 PM
Oscars are only a semi aggressive fish, if you like to watch stuff get eatin, buy one of the more aggressive south american cichlids like a red devil or Manguanese... I've have four oscars in my tank and they just get killed.

A big *ss gar would be sweet to have. they eat like none other

an African tiger fish would be sweet to hav also but you wouldn't have the balls to put your hand in the tank to clean it

KH426
09-23-2005, 09:16 PM
I have a 55 gal now with a bunch of sissy fish in it. But I'm getting a 275 gal in about a month or so (or when it gets to cold to ride) That ones salt water all the way and alot of pissed off fish:devil:

Pappy
09-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by KH426
I have a 55 gal now with a bunch of sissy fish in it. But I'm getting a 275 gal in about a month or so (or when it gets to cold to ride) That ones salt water all the way and alot of pissed off fish:devil:

i dunno if you remember when we were kids the tank dad had.....and the smaller one with the piranahs in it:confused: you used to freak out when one would go after a goldfish and its teeth would make a "tink tink" sound on the glass..lmao

KH426
09-24-2005, 05:38 PM
I remember that and I remember us thinking it would be a good idea to put our piranahs in with dads fish:devil: It was funny as hell until he got bit by one.

notfastenuf4me
09-24-2005, 07:38 PM
I have a 55 gallon with 2 oscars and one algae eater the big oscar is baout the width of the 55 gallon tank i have some rocks and 2 fake tree stumps and only semi aggresive me ***** my big one tries to bite me everytime i feed em

09-24-2005, 08:13 PM
actually they are semi aggressive, they are just smart enough to know that you open the lid, food comes in, I've had porlly five oscars through my tank, they all die.. no match for my red devil or jaguar......

you wanna talk mean fish, lets try a fahaka puffer or a mantis shrimp.. neither can be kept in a glass tank because they will shatter it trying to attack you.. the mantis shrimp will actually break bones before you ever even saw it comin!!!

check out aqualandpetsplus.com. you can read up on oscars compared to some other south american cichlids

exboy
09-24-2005, 08:17 PM
i had a fish tank but i dont know where it is. i didnt have a fish in mine thogh i had a squirrel thats back legs didnt work.
he didnt last long in there so i shot it.

notfastenuf4me
09-24-2005, 08:17 PM
I wasnt bashin u it jus seems reall aggressive to me whats another fresh water fish thas aggresive and cheap to buy like a oscar? and does anyone have a 75 gallon tank stand and lid for sale?

09-24-2005, 09:01 PM
any south american cichlid is gonna grow fairly large, and anymore with their popularity they are pretty easy to get, Petsmart has picked up a lot more african and southamerican cichlids.. the red devil will pretty much kill anything you put in with it, it's size or smaller, same wit the jaguar..

I like oscars, that why I kept tryin to keep them but they just can't hold their own compared to some of the other ones... Convicts are a smaller one, about 5-6 inches full grown but are tough little b*stards.. I have a three in. convict that will start fight with fish twice its size. any combination of cichlids will be pretty entertaining because of the non stop fighting..

LIttle puffer are mean mean mean little SOB's. I had 5 puffers for a while, they would bite anything that came near them no matter how big.. the ones I had were only like 1 inch long too. they were just plain evil..

09-24-2005, 09:09 PM
I was tryin to attack you either NOTFASTENUF.. I'm just pretty educated when it comes to a lot of these fish.. when I get into a hobby I drown myself with info.. when I got into fish I wanted the baddast of the bad *sses so I read and read about all different kinds..

The downfall of real aggressive fish though, in the time I've had my 55, I've prooly had thirty different fish through there, but they just get killed... I can't even keep Plecos in it. they killed the last pleco finally which was about 12in... ha, for that matter, I have three tanks and can't keep a pleco in any of them because the kill them

exboy
09-24-2005, 09:10 PM
nobody els keep squirrels in there fish tanks?:D :D :D

notfastenuf4me
09-24-2005, 09:24 PM
its cool jus dont want people hatin me i like to get along wit everyone