PDA

View Full Version : Gas prices going up again?????

00zukirider
09-21-2005, 07:18 PM
think they will go up because of RITA

Mxjunkie
09-21-2005, 07:19 PM
lmao, probaly its suppose to flood new orleans again. Just what we need..

I-7
09-21-2005, 07:20 PM
Estimated to peak around 4 dollars per gallon for regular unleaded.

honduh440
09-21-2005, 07:27 PM
the hurricane has nothing to do with gas prices nor did katrina

Mxjunkie
09-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by honduh440

Yes they did, they damaged almost 20 oil riggs and flooded the oil refinarys.

raptorrider686
09-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Gosh, I sure hope they dont go up anymore.....it cost $3.33 for the good stuff.

sampleez
09-21-2005, 07:35 PM
i just heard on the news that it's most likely gonna hit somewhere in SE texas, like around the corpus christy area

this sucks pretty hard.........gas just now got back to around 2.50, and now were f'ed again :mad: stupid weather :grr:

zeppelin
09-21-2005, 07:35 PM
bull **** they didnt, and it wasnt cause of the lost refineries either, it was cause of the company that actualy transports the gas from refineries to other refineries and stations. dont get me wrong they were hualin *** to get product moving again but there policy says hey have to fly over all of there lines to make sure there wasnt damage to the pipes, and to do all that took about 5 days so yeah thats why gas went up

JDiablo
09-21-2005, 07:36 PM
They just use the weather as a excuse to raise up the gas prices,we have a crooked goverment,lol

honduh440
09-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
bull **** they didnt, and it wasnt cause of the lost refineries either, it was cause of the company that actualy transports the gas from refineries to other refineries and stations. dont get me wrong they were hualin *** to get product moving again but there policy says hey have to fly over all of there lines to make sure there wasnt damage to the pipes, and to do all that took about 5 days so yeah thats why gas went up

you have been brainwashed to assuming that.... how do you feel?

most of our oil comes from saudia arabia and iraq.

these companys get oil from middle eastern countrys
Shell, Chevron/Texaco, Exxon /Mobilbarrels, Marathon/Speedwaybarrell and Amoco

these companys import their oil from other countrys like mexico canada venezuela and a few others that i forget

citgo, sunoco, conoco, sinclair, bp/phillips, hess and arco

you have never paid a penny for crude oil that was from the usa

the hurricanes were all an excuse for the companys to raise prices

09-21-2005, 07:44 PM
i filled up today...will prb. do it again when the storm actually hits...back to the bicycle when it goes over $2.75

tater_kamik
09-21-2005, 07:55 PM
bicycle or some shoes... i guess there are gonna be like 100 threads on this again....

derekhonda
09-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
They just use the weather as a excuse to raise up the gas prices,we have a crooked goverment,lol

:rolleyes:

Actually, I heard last night OPEC was going to release like 2 million more barrels a day. Anyone else hear this I was half asleep? If that happens gas should fall about 40-50 cents over night

09-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Ritas a slut

09-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
Ritas a slut you talking about my grandma or the storm mother****er??????????????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:blah:

honda350r
09-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
Ritas a slut

lmao !!!

F-16Guy
09-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
:rolleyes:

Actually, I heard last night OPEC was going to release like 2 million more barrels a day. Anyone else hear this I was half asleep? If that happens gas should fall about 40-50 cents over night
I don't think so. Gas prices only go one way. The problem is that the American people aren't saying or doing anything. They raise prices $.50 a gallon on pure speculation?? That's BS!! The refinery in New Orleans was up and running right after Katrina. And can you honestly tell me that the rigs in the Golf of Mexico have never been through a major storm? I think the petroleum brokers here in the states are causing the majority of the price hikes. I read in the paper this morning that a barrel of crude would have to be about $94 to reflect the prices we're currently paying. The prices are going to keep going up to break our dependancy on oil (especially foreign oil), and to force change in our habbits and infrastructure. Unfortunately, some people are getting extremely rich while effecting that change.

derekhonda
09-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
I don't think so. Gas prices only go one way. The problem is that the American people aren't saying or doing anything. They raise prices $.50 a gallon on pure speculation?? That's BS!! The refinery in New Orleans was up and running right after Katrina. And can you honestly tell me that the rigs in the Golf of Mexico have never been through a major storm? I think the petroleum brokers here in the states are causing the majority of the price hikes. I read in the paper this morning that a barrel of crude would have to be about $94 to reflect the prices we're currently paying. The prices are going to keep going up to break our dependancy on oil (especially foreign oil), and to force change in our habbits and infrastructure. Unfortunately, some people are getting extremely rich while effecting that change.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/19/business/worldbusiness/19oil.html

500,000 barrels a day, my bad

sampleez
09-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
Gas prices only go one way.

:huh then how did gas go from 3.40 about three weeks ago to 2.50??

jeepnrocks
09-22-2005, 07:25 AM
I'm sure they'll go up againe whether or not they need to. I just seen a clip on tv of all the rigs in the gulf. Somoething like 300 rigs and platforms?
At any rate fuel is going to most likely go up again. The government is investigating price gouging by the oil companies but I highly highly douobt that it will reveal anything

Quad18star
09-22-2005, 07:42 AM
Prices are supposed to rise in my area today , and just outside of town , they have already gone up . stimated that we'll pay $2 a litre , so that'll work out to about $8 a gallon . I don't know how they'll expect people to live with prices being so high . Not only is the price of gas going up , but this is going to affect the cost of living . Produce at the grocerie stores is already on the rise because everything is trucked in . Minimum wage stays the same ... cost of living goes up . Anyone wanna trade a horse and buggy for my 04 YFZ ???

Quad18star
09-22-2005, 07:51 AM

There's a Category 5 hurricane getting ready to blast parts of Texas that supply 25% of the USA's oil . That's a big chunk out of the US oil supply that's being shut down ... and that's how weather affects gas prices . Weather affects everything in the market ... when farmers have a drought , you can sure as hell guarranty that the price of fruits and viggies will go up . When there's a shortage of ore , you can bet your paycheck that the price of steel will rise . It's the way the economy works .

clutt225
09-22-2005, 09:02 AM
When Katrina hit the price of gas went up that day by 0.60 a liter
The gas in those tanks was the same gas that was in there the day before. The gas price should not have gone up untill they had to refill at a higher cost. Two days later it went down 0.30 per liter. That was nothing but robbery. If the price gose up a week later I can see it, they have to make a living. they have us by the short and curlys and it sucks, get use to it.

honduh440
09-22-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
There's a Category 5 hurricane getting ready to blast parts of Texas that supply 25% of the USA's oil . That's a big chunk out of the US oil supply that's being shut down ... and that's how weather affects gas prices . Weather affects everything in the market ... when farmers have a drought , you can sure as hell guarranty that the price of fruits and viggies will go up . When there's a shortage of ore , you can bet your paycheck that the price of steel will rise . It's the way the economy works .

your right but those are shell refinerys and i think another company as well. big difference in a oil digger and a oil refinerry

Quad18star
09-22-2005, 09:43 AM
your right but those are shell refinerys and i think another company as well. big difference in a oil digger and a oil refinerry

Doesn't matter if the Hurricane is affecting a refinerry or a digger .. either way there's gunna be a drop in supply . If their drilling facilities get nailed , that's 25% less oil that's going to the refinery . If the refinery get's nailed , that 25% less oil going to the public . The same goes for the lumber industry . If there's a shortage of timber supply , the price of lumber goes up . If the guys turning a tree into a 2x4 go on strike , the price of lumber goes up . Doesn't matter what industry it's in ... if there's a delay or stopage anywhere along the line , the end product price goes up .

honduh440
09-22-2005, 10:00 AM
yeah i understand this......... their was no talk about the hurricane hitting the refineries in texas before i previously posted. also tho the hurricane katrina did not hit any refineries only hit diggers off the coast in the waters.

i have a question tho...... if its a shell company is getting hit in texas and my local gas station is provided by phillips and they have no part of their company in texas then why is my gas station raising prices?

Quad18star
09-22-2005, 10:23 AM
[B i have a question tho...... if its a shell company is getting hit in texas and my local gas station is provided by phillips and they have no part of their company in texas then why is my gas station raising prices? [/B]

Because the price of crude oil on the world market / stock exchange has gone up by $5 a barrel . Shell is one of the largest ( if not the largest) oil suppliers in the world .. if their facilities get nailed or shut down , that's a percentage of crude oil that's comming off the world market . When that percentage comes off the market , theres a "shortage" in the supply , resulting in price going up . I'm not familiar with Phillips , so I can't really comment , only speculate . Does Phillips drill , refine and supply their own stations ?? Or does Phillips buy their oil off the world market , then refine it and supply its stations?

Another reason they raise their prices , is because they know they can . Hell , I just went out a little earlier , and there's line ups at the pumps cuz gas prices are on the rise . This Hurricane isn't going to affect my city or even my country , but prices rise around here . Up here in Canada , Alberta is giving $400 to every man , woman and child that lives in the province , because they have a surplus in their budget from the oil they sell . If this oil were to stay in Canada , gas prices wouldn't be as high as they are , but Alberta sells it's oil on the world market and makes a ton of $$ . I wish I lived in Alberta right about now . :p And if the government wouldn't tax us up the rear end , we'd save nearly 40% at the pumps ( here in Ontario) .

derekhonda
09-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Doesn't matter if the Hurricane is affecting a refinerry or a digger .. either way there's gunna be a drop in supply . If their drilling facilities get nailed , that's 25% less oil that's going to the refinery . If the refinery get's nailed , that 25% less oil going to the public . The same goes for the lumber industry . If there's a shortage of timber supply , the price of lumber goes up . If the guys turning a tree into a 2x4 go on strike , the price of lumber goes up . Doesn't matter what industry it's in ... if there's a delay or stopage anywhere along the line , the end product price goes up .

Wrong, they can dig faster than they can refine. The supply of gas comes from the refineries.

derekhonda
09-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by clutt225
When Katrina hit the price of gas went up that day by 0.60 a liter
The gas in those tanks was the same gas that was in there the day before. The gas price should not have gone up untill they had to refill at a higher cost. Two days later it went down 0.30 per liter. That was nothing but robbery. If the price gose up a week later I can see it, they have to make a living. they have us by the short and curlys and it sucks, get use to it.

So if gas was 60 a barrel and then all the sudden the suppliers were nice and started selling it for 20 a barrel by your same logic you would expect them to keep the gas price up to the equivalent of 60 a barrel (i dunno, 2.75 a gal) until they sold all of their tanks out right?

RaptorRacer45
09-22-2005, 11:43 AM

these companys import their oil from other countrys like mexico canada venezuela and a few others that i forget

the hurricanes were all an excuse for the companys to raise prices [/B][/QUOTE]

Amoco and BP are the same company, and that 2nd list alot of that is created by the US, sure other North American might help but the US does make some of its own fuel

derekhonda
09-22-2005, 12:03 PM

oh really?

?

?

?

?

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/usa.html

kids who have figured out how to copy and paste crack me up

Quad18star
09-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Wrong, they can dig faster than they can refine. The supply of gas comes from the refineries.

There's risk factors involved in this also . If the hurricane were to destroy these drilling facilities , refineries only have a certain amount of reserve on hand to work with . So if a drilling area gets nailed , it could take a week or it could take a month before things get up and running .... resulting in a "shortage" . Traders on the stock market also play a big role in the amount that we pay . If you own shares in a company that is in the oil business and you know it's going to get nailed by a storm , naturally you sell off your shares ... it's a risk .

honduh440
09-22-2005, 01:10 PM
oh really?

?

?

?

?

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/usa.html

kids who have figured out how to copy and paste crack me up

im older then you are KID! i didnt read the site you posted because their is way to much on their. if you saying i copyed and pasted that on their u need to quit smoking.

426ex
09-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Prices are supposed to rise in my area today , and just outside of town , they have already gone up . stimated that we'll pay $2 a litre , so that'll work out to about $8 a gallon . I don't know how they'll expect people to live with prices being so high . Not only is the price of gas going up , but this is going to affect the cost of living . Produce at the grocerie stores is already on the rise because everything is trucked in . Minimum wage stays the same ... cost of living goes up . Anyone wanna trade a horse and buggy for my 04 YFZ ???

How does that equate in terms of whiskey and furs for you canadians?

zeppelin
09-22-2005, 02:19 PM
you have been brainwashed to assuming that.... how do you feel?

lmao ive been brainwashed lol, half of my family work for colonial pipeline, but since youve showed your ignorance on this situation before i guess ill have to tell you that colonial pipeline ships over 35% of the nations patroleum product in the U.S. My dad just happens to be the right of way manager for the gulf coast area for the company, he was the one flying the helicopters to make sure the lines were okay. This isnt a siple task it takes at leat 4-5 days, and when the president was in baton Rouge and the air apce was closed it slowed down the process even more. so when all the lines wre fixed and checked the company was finaly able to ship product again. that was the main reason the prices were so high, the individual stations were charging more because of the situation, exxon andthe other major companies didnt do anything to the prices because of the hurricane

Quad18star
09-22-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by 426ex
How does that equate in terms of whiskey and furs for you canadians?

3 bear hides and a case of whiskey . Oh and a case of beer for chasers . :D