PDA

View Full Version : Fellow FMX Rider Down! Need prayers

Wired
09-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Fellow FMX rider Sheldon Riggs took a nasty spill the other day progressing the sport by attempting to be the second person ever to backflip a quad to dirt. Unfortunately things didnt go as planned and took a pretty big fall. When i get confirmation on his condition i'll let everyone know, but for now keep him in your prayers and wish for a speedy recovery!

Get well soon Sheldon!!!

theTman
09-21-2005, 05:09 PM
get better sheldon!!!!

09-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by theTman
get better sheldon!!!!

your in my prayers sheldon

400grl
09-21-2005, 05:20 PM
oh NO!!! What happened?? Is he here at home?

HtFoxChick
09-21-2005, 05:23 PM
I believe so. He was doing a film shoot for 8. Hope he'll be ok.

wilkin250r
09-21-2005, 05:28 PM
What exactly happened? What went wrong with the flip?

Ridin' Jesse
09-21-2005, 05:57 PM
your in my prayers sheldon..

so give us the details of what happened.

Mxjunkie
09-21-2005, 06:02 PM
damn, I hope he's allright, you guys need to take it easy sheesh

CannondaleRider
09-21-2005, 08:03 PM
Yeah...lets hear some details

Get better Riggs

Wired
09-21-2005, 08:07 PM
when someone calls me or when i get exact details i'll post. i know as much as you guys right now. just word of mouth. i'll see what i can find out.

Atkins
09-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Geez, this is terrible knews, I hope its nothing serious because it sounds right now like no one knows for sure. The pressure is on everyone these days to step it up, I just hope the progression doesnt pressure other riders into harmful mistakes.

Quad18star
09-22-2005, 05:37 AM
Best of luck to Sheldon !!!

FreekShow
09-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Stay strong Sheldon. One day your gonna nail that flip.

Atkins
09-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Heres a little update from August Goebel, doesnt seem like we have to worry about losing another rider this year, we should do something for him as a community....anyways:

"A little status on him. No one is aloud to see him as of right now except his parents. His best friend has said that he had a compound fracture in his jaw and that the whole lower half of his face is pretty messed up. He also has a broken shoulder and his back being broken is still up in the air. He is also breathing threw a tube in his throat. He needs all the support he can get right now. It’s sad to hear of a good friend going out like this. As soon as they let people see him I'll give you guys another update. "

-August

Pappy
09-22-2005, 01:41 PM
he will be included in our prayers. hang tuff sheldon:macho

Mxjunkie
09-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Hang in there man!

RaptorRacer45
09-22-2005, 02:11 PM
We all wish u the best....u were the 1st man 2 Prove Raptors have potentional, and ur respected for that, get well soon

JTRtrx250r
09-22-2005, 02:23 PM
I remember him from Rriders, real nice guy! Hope all comes out ok for him:(

Your in our thoughts Sheldon!!

Wired
09-22-2005, 07:19 PM
Condition Update:

"A little status on him. No one is aloud to see him as of right now except his parents. His best friend has said that he had a compound fracture in his jaw and that the whole lower half of his face is pretty messed up. He also has a broken shoulder and his back being broken is still up in the air. He is also breathing threw a tube in his throat. He needs all the support he can get right now. It’s sad to hear of a good friend going out like this. As soon as they let people see him I'll give you guys another update."

-August

FoxRacing81
09-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Get Better soon Sheldon!

Mxracer53
09-22-2005, 07:31 PM
just rember sheldon what dont kill u makes u stronger we know u can do it!

Atkins
09-22-2005, 07:54 PM
I know dirtwheels goes a little overboard on this, but here it goes. Anyone thinking they want to try a backflip on their 250ex into a pile of styrophome boxes they have setup in their driveway, remember what happened to Sheldon. THIS IS NO JOKE! Just because JG is super talented and sticks it just about every time, doesnt mean sh*t like this cant happen. Sheldon is one of the most talented FQX riders in the world, and even he screwed up on the flip and nearly died, so please take this as a warning to think twice before you go and do something stupid.

Atkins
09-23-2005, 06:25 AM
Another update on his health thanks to August Goebel:

"Well I just got off the phone with his mom. He just got out of a 10 hour reconstructive surgery and is starting to do better. They still said it will be about 2 weeks before anyone can see him. He can't talk and can only squeeze fingers. On a good note his back is not broken and he does not have any brain damage from what they can tell. I'm done talking about this it breaks my heart to see a fellow friend and rider like this."

-August

Mxjunkie
09-23-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Atkins
I know dirtwheels goes a little overboard on this, but here it goes. Anyone thinking they want to try a backflip on their 250ex into a pile of styrophome boxes they have setup in their driveway, remember what happened to Sheldon. THIS IS NO JOKE! Just because JG is super talented and sticks it just about every time, doesnt mean sh*t like this cant happen. Sheldon is one of the most talented FQX riders in the world, and even he screwed up on the flip and nearly died, so please take this as a warning to think twice before you go and do something stupid.

Flipping an atv is no joke, even flipping dirtbikes isn't safe. Unless you have a foam pit dont do it.

400grl
09-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Atkins
Another update on his health thanks to August Goebel:

"Well I just got off the phone with his mom. He just got out of a 10 hour reconstructive surgery and is starting to do better. They still said it will be about 2 weeks before anyone can see him. He can't talk and can only squeeze fingers. On a good note his back is not broken and he does not have any brain damage from what they can tell. I'm done talking about this it breaks my heart to see a fellow friend and rider like this."

-August

Please be sure to tell August THANK YOU for the information.......I'm glad to hear he's already had surgery......I hope he heals up quick and so glad to hear his back's not broken! Thanks again for the updates, you guys......

Atkins
09-23-2005, 11:57 AM
Cory, August is posting on the www.akraix.com forums, so im sure he would appreciate it if you went over there and thanked him first hand.

The fact that they dont think he has brain damage at all is awesome from such an intense head trauma, as well as the report on his back.

TheFontMaster
09-23-2005, 12:33 PM
It's good to hear that he will be alright. Hang in there:macho

FTR250Rnif
09-23-2005, 02:24 PM
wow. this sounds pretty serious. hopefully he heals up soon.!!

Robin Hood
09-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Im really sorry to hear that. Get better soon Sheldon. Were all praying for you.

Robin Hood
09-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Ridin' Jesse
your in my prayers sheldon..

so give us the details of what happened.

Sorry to double post and not trying to be a dick, but you shouldn't really be asking about what happened. I'm curious too but we dont want people spreading rumors, this thread could end up like the Kelly Chang thread and be closed.

Atkins
09-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Sorry to double post and not trying to be a dick, but you shouldn't really be asking about what happened. I'm curious too but we dont want people spreading rumors, this thread could end up like the Kelly Chang thread and be closed.
Not really, dude. We know what happened to Sheldon, so its not really a big deal discussing it since he was riding his quad when it happened.