PDA

View Full Version : clutch problems

87250rxrider
09-21-2005, 03:03 PM
well, i just recently got my 250r running since first building it(ground up build), and today i stuck the chain on it and noticed something strange when the quad was in gear. when in gear with the clutch pulled all the way in, the rear tires still lock up like the clutch was out, but if i put a lot of pressure by pushing it it will eventually go, in a stutering manner(would go for a sec, lock up, go for a sec, lock up, etc..) i have not yet run the engine in gear, but just in neutral, and the engine has been sitting for about 1 year(the topend was just rebuilt, and the lower end was before i bought it(except clutch, etc..) so i'm thinking maybe the clutch plates have not had enough oil on them causing this problem, or is my clutch bad??? i can also tell it has heavy duty springs in it by the pull, and it was said to have a barnett clutch kit in it. let me know what you think.
thanks,
-Ryan

250r4life
09-21-2005, 03:21 PM
i know in some racing clutches it'll do that, just gotta get it good and warmed up and you'll be alright and it will no longer do that. if not, you may just have to adjust the clutch...

Eddiesanders250
09-21-2005, 04:52 PM
my clutch does the same thing, but mine is ban new from hinson. He is right, after you get the engine warmed p it shouldnt do that

87250rxrider
09-21-2005, 07:15 PM
ok, thanks for that info. i was worried i'd have to throw even more money into this money pit...lol

thanks,
-Ryan