PDA

View Full Version : I visited DEI last week.

pinky93
09-21-2005, 09:38 AM
I was up in Charlotte, NC last week for a training class and made it a point to visit DEI and Roush Racing. Very nice, wish I had time to go to more of the shops. I especially wanted to make it to Richard Childress shop. Oh well, maybe next time....:D

fasterz
09-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Awsome! Dale was the man, every one thought Jr was gonna live up to his dad but theirs no way. Jr drives like a ***** now, no offence.

pinky93
09-21-2005, 09:57 AM
I like Truex Jr. also. He will be in Nextel Cup next year. Should be interesting. I heard that Michael Waltrip was leaving DEI, but I haven't heard where he is going?

RaptorRacer45
09-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Im livin in Mooresville now, my school (NTI) is about 100 yards from Robert Yates Shop and i know where a few of the teams are around here....Ill be down here for the next year and change while im goin through school, ill be goin 2 Charlotte next month for the Race also:D

Matt37
09-21-2005, 01:42 PM
I was invitied to DEI two years ago for the 50th anni. Corvette Dinner. All the guys that won national awards for their corvettes were all invited to DEI for a dinner. And I sat next to Jr Steve Park (at the time was a DEI driver) and Waltrip. It was a blast. Dale Sr. wanted to have a annual corvette show but never got around to it before he died. So now they have one every 5 years.

The shop is amazing! and is in like the middle of no where. Iam not sure if they let the general public in there but when we went for the Corvette thing they took us to the machine shop and body shop and engine shop. Holy crap!! You should see how many dynos they have!

Defenitly alot of money invested in there.

Guy400
09-21-2005, 03:45 PM
It's hard to imagine but DEI is growing out of that facility. They're currently looking to move to a new, bigger building. The general public is not allowed into any of the machine shop areas but if your brother is a Mooresville CPA than you get to do all sorts of fun stuff for ribbon cutting ceremonies, etc. :D