PDA

View Full Version : Rita

insaneracin2003
09-21-2005, 07:46 AM
im not liking this darn thing.looking as to go rite up where i live :( this is gonna bite the big one,i just had my dad move from new orleans to live by us and now Rita is on her way...........DAG Namnit:grr:

Boonemx
09-21-2005, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
im not liking this darn thing.looking as to go rite up where i live :( this is gonna bite the big one,i just had my dad move from new orleans to live by us and now Rita is on her way...........DAG Namnit:grr:

Sorry

pinky93
09-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Good luck, just play it safe and get out if you need to.

JRDrider22
09-21-2005, 04:01 PM
yea its not looking good at all. its a cat 5 already. its heading right for galveston texas as of 6 15 et pm.

09-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Hope it doesn't hit me "south louisiana"

FourFiftyFour
09-21-2005, 04:18 PM
my house is in incredible danger...i live within 25 miles of the coast and this is going to be a bad storm... i am going to try to evacuate tonight... the quad will be staying in the garage as I cant take very much with me and i cant do too much with a hurt foot..... My mom is insane enough that she is going to try to stay at the house.....we dont have anywhere to take our animals and so she is not going to leave them... i have a very bad feeling about this one.

CannondaleRider
09-21-2005, 04:53 PM
I hope everythink works out alright for you CdaleChick:ermm:

JRDrider22
09-21-2005, 05:36 PM
^^^ dont let your mom ride it out. thats how most of the people in new orleands died and in mississippe did too. do whats right and dont let her stay there.

JandJRacingKFX
09-21-2005, 08:19 PM
kara slap your mom and get her out of there. I know yall care about the animals but what would yall rather lose...her or the animals?? You live too close to try and ride it out. Sorry but your moms stupid. I think we're headed out thurs night or early fri morning. They're making me work thurs to get ready for this but im just hopping that it fools them and doesnt make that turn up north. AS long as it keeps going west likes it doing...we'll be fine and even get to race on sunday. lol Once it makes that turn north...im outta here. Paul just make sure that ex doesnt get damaged cuz i still havent seen that thing in action. Everybody in Houston thats not getting out...just be safe guys

I-7
09-21-2005, 08:23 PM
VERY BAD IDEA. Have her book a hotel room with pets allowed. Better safe then sorry you can't play around with something this serious.

Mxjunkie
09-21-2005, 08:24 PM
170mph winds, I wouldnt even wanna ride it out, pack up the quad, animals and your mom and get outta there!

Doober
09-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
170mph winds, I wouldnt even wanna ride it out, pack up the quad, animals and your mom and get outta there!

i agree with that statement

09-21-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69

troutman561
09-21-2005, 08:34 PM
dont let her stay back... no one need to be saying back.. this storm already has become stonger than katrina did (due to it low pressure) this may make land fall stronger than katrina.... its gona kill alotta ppl im amazed after what just happend in new orleans that ppl are still gona sit it out, not smart

FourFiftyFour
09-21-2005, 08:37 PM
she wont listen...we have 11 cats, 4 dogs, and 2 horses...so no hotel would take her in..... shes not going to budge...... we wouldnt even be able to travel with that many animals and my dad has to fly to tulsa so he wont be able to help her and i cant do anything with my foot... it might weaken before it hits land..thats all i can hope

Doober
09-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
she wont listen...we have 11 cats, 4 dogs, and 2 horses...so no hotel would take her in..... shes not going to budge...... we wouldnt even be able to travel with that many animals and my dad has to fly to tulsa so he wont be able to help her and i cant do anything with my foot... it might weaken before it hits land..thats all i can hope

i really hope everything goes well for you....good luck:ermm:

09-21-2005, 08:56 PM
shes willing to die for pets?

BadAss03
09-21-2005, 09:19 PM
The hurricane is coming right through Texas A&M University, where I live. Its gonna get crazy here.

nebjamin
09-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Send your quads to Iowa ill take care of them. No snow, heat, floods, hurricanes, nothing. Just forest and corn fields to ride quads in. :D

09-22-2005, 08:49 AM
WOW its incredible how people think they can survive this! I live in miami and went through a cat5 about ten years ago (Andrew). Everything was flattened, gone, or completely destroyed NOTHING survived. I warned the louisiana folks and now Im warning the Texas folks get the hell out if you want to live! These things are incredibly powerful and deadly, its not a movie, its not fun, its not an adventure, it will send you out to sea!

Cdalechick if your mom does not leave unfortunately you will never see her again. I know old folks can be stubborn, but dont give her a choice, much like she protected you when you were a baby and knew no better, protect her. These storms are unreal! Take what ever image you have in your mind of how terrible this storm will be and multiply it by 100. A cat 5 will level buildings, throw cars around like rag dolls, and thats not even counting on the inevitable tornadoes that can reach up to 300mph! No lie, I saw it first hand. God Bless, and good luck.

Quad18star
09-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Best of luck to those in the area . I still can't understand why someone would want to try and hold out the storm . I guess some people haven't learned from Katrina . :confused: .

450r51
09-22-2005, 09:55 AM
im glade all we have to worry about is a couple feet of snow.

Quad18star
09-22-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by 450r51
im glade all we have to worry about is a couple feet of snow.

Yeah I have to agree with you on that one . I can handle 4 feet of snow and -40 weather . Maybe the odd severe ice storm every few years , but having to rebuild my home every few years ... that's a little hard to deal with .

On a side note ... we had an earthquake 2 nights ago . It shook for maybe 2 seconds and registered 2.9 or 3.9 on the Riechter Scale . I thought it was just a blast from the mine ( we get them very often) , but turns out it was a mini quake . :p

insaneracin2003
09-22-2005, 10:05 AM
well,it is looking a lil better for houston but it is not a good idea to hang around.they are opening the freeways to all north lanes to get over a million people out of here.rita has taken a more northenly path which will make houston get the west side of the storm.which is alot better then the east.kara,just be very careful and tell your mom ,if she doesnt want to leave, to get in a room in the middle of the house when it hits and use some mattresses to help protect her....Justin,the ex rips pretty hard.but my nephew put my rear lugs on backwards and we had to cut the day at splendora off early.killed my rims...

Honda400exrox
09-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Yeah I have to agree with you on that one . I can handle 4 feet of snow and -40 weather . Maybe the odd severe ice storm every few years , but having to rebuild my home every few years ... that's a little hard to deal with .

On a side note ... we had an earthquake 2 nights ago . It shook for maybe 2 seconds and registered 2.9 or 3.9 on the Riechter Scale . I thought it was just a blast from the mine ( we get them very often) , but turns out it was a mini quake . :p

hmmm so that what that rumbling was, i thought it was my friend and his lard A22 gf goin at it and she fell off:eek2:

Quad18star
09-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
hmmm so that what that rumbling was, i thought it was my friend and his lard A22 gf goin at it and she fell off:eek2:

I don't think you would have felt it bud . It was a very small quake that happened 5 miles north of here . I've felt mine blasts and rock bursts harder than this quake .... so it must have been your buddy's gf falling off the bed .

dpizz450
09-22-2005, 02:12 PM
well were suppose to get hit here in baton rouge as of two hours ago. a state trooper told my sis were suppose to get hit by the east side of it as bad as katrina hit biloxi. i really hope it turns!!! this sucks!!!

2002400ex
09-22-2005, 02:59 PM
It is already pouring here. The winds are probably 20 mph at some times too. Im glad we`re not getting hammered for the 3rd time in a year.

insaneracin2003
09-23-2005, 08:21 PM
rita on her way

insaneracin2003
09-23-2005, 08:21 PM

zeppelin
09-23-2005, 08:58 PM
man i was listening to our local classic rock station today, and they were actualy playing led zeppelin's when the levee breaks, when they stoped the song to say that the actual levee in new orleans broke again :(

Punk'd
09-23-2005, 09:04 PM
This worlds messed up..

insaneracin2003
09-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
man i was listening to our local classic rock station today, and they were actualy playing led zeppelin's when the levee breaks, when they stoped the song to say that the actual levee in new orleans broke again :(
ya,the darn thing broke in 2 places,now my home town os St.Bernard Parish is under again........

stocktires
09-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Rita is a B****, she already dropped a tree on my truck!

Tommy
09-24-2005, 01:04 AM
Im back home after having to go to my grandparents house in Iowa close to Lake Charles louisiana because my school is closed so i was going to one there. So now im back home and im going back to my grandparents house tomorrow with my dad to help clean up.