PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale Question

300WheelyKing
09-21-2005, 07:19 AM
sombody give the run down cannondales. I don't know anything about them other than there fast!!! I think they have timing gears not chain, but i need to know if there reliable. What size's are the motos? Thanks

TheJeSter1340
09-21-2005, 08:44 AM
The Cdales use gears and a chain. If taken care of they are reliable. Me and my sone both race one and I am redoing one right now it will have all the up dates. If you want more infor on them drop me a line at andwhataboutbob@aol.com with your number and i can tell you more about them and about the one I will have up for sale at the end of oct.

Bob

Derno24
09-21-2005, 09:07 AM
What questions do you need answered? There are alot of helpful people in the Cannondale community. Jester is right the Dale has a timing chain.

cannondale are different and can be as reliable as any other quad out there. I have had one since 2002 and the only times I have had a DNF was to my own fault.

CannondaleRider
09-21-2005, 02:11 PM
Your best bet is to go to CannondaleRiders (www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb) . But here is a good idea of the models and features. Incase you want to know

Cannondale Models

FX400 - First Cannondale ATV - 2001 - Has the MC500 ECU which is identified by a single connector on the ECU and a big red stop button on the handlebars. This ECU is tuned using the mil tool, which enables the owner to change the amount of fuel at low, mid, and high RPM's. This ECU does not let you change maps, however, but it is said to be quicker than a Cannibal. These quads came with either a charcoal grey or a red plastic that had black removable "mud flaps" on the rear of the front fenders. These engines were the same 432cc but had a true 12.5:1 compression ratio. Also had a round stock exhaust, thin ITP wheels, Holeshot tires, and Ohlins shocks. Many of these FX400 machines were converted into 02 Cannibals.

Cannibal - 2002 and 2003 - This quad has the MC1000 computer, characterized by 2 connections on the ECU and a sliding left/right stop mechanism. This ECU is tuned with the Diagnostic and Maintenance kit (commonly called D&M Kit). The Cannibal map is the tamest of all of the quad maps and has a rev limit of 10,800RPM. For 2002 and 2003 the compression ratio was lowered on all Cannondale engines to around 11.8:1 . Cannibals came in different plastic colors including red, black, and silver with blue trim. Cannibals came with different combos of shocks. Fronts could be either Ohlins (yellow springs with a silver background) or Arvins (yellow springs with a black background). Rear shock could be either an Ohlins (gold piggyback reservoir) or a Fox (black remote reservoir). All Cannibals had the thin ITP rims but some had Holeshot tires while others had Trail Wolf tires. The exhaust on the Cannibal is the infamous square "toaster".

Cannibal LE - 2003 model Limited Edition Cannibal came with USA graphics on silver plastic, Tag bars, Holeshot tires, and Ohlins shocks. Everything else was the same as a normal Cannibal.

Speed - 2002 and 2003 - Outfitted in Silver plastic with yellow accents, the Speed had the same EFI map as the Cannibal but with an 11500 rev limit. This map might provide the highest top end power and speed of any Cannondale quad. All Speeds had Tag bars, Ohlins shocks all around and Holeshot tires. Also came with the "toaster".

Blaze - 2002 and 2003 - This was Cannondale's GNCC race quad out of the box. EFI map was for low/mid grunt with a 11,500 rev limit. Came silver plastic with red accents, Tag bars, Holeshot XC tires on ITP race wheels (rolled edge fronts with 9" beadlock rears, black in color), Ohlins dual rate front shocks with piggyback reservoirs, Ohlins rear shock, Ohlins (Scotts) steering damper, tether cord, hand guards, wave rotors front and rear, number plates front and back, pro-peg nerf bars, and an FMF Ti4 full exhaust system.

Moto - 2002 and 2003 - This was Cannondale's MX race quad out of the box. EFI map was for all around power, especially in the mid RPM range, with a rev limit of 11,500. Moto included silver plastic with red accents, Tag bars, Holeshot MX tires on ITP race wheels (rolled edge fronts with 8" beadlock rears, black in color), Ohlins dual rate 19" long travel piggyback shocks on Cannondale +2.5" A-arms, Ohlins rear shock, +0 to +4 axle, Ohlins (Scotts) damper, tether cord, wave rotors front and rear, number plates front and back, pro-peg nerf bars, and an FMF Ti4 full exhaust system.

Glamis - 2003 only - the Glamis had silver plastic with awesome orange accents. It was the same as the Speed but with softer shock settings, ITP Sand Skate paddles, and a flag with a pigtail to light it up even. Most of the Glamis models had many of the updates as they were some of the last Cannondales produced.