PDA

View Full Version : any dunes in KY, S. OH, or S. IN

BS300ex5
06-11-2002, 09:03 PM
help me out here i wanna try dunes once and can't travel too far if you have any opinions on these places or pictures of any advice on equipment to take or anythign at all help me out ... thank ya (how big are they and whats the admission and some rules

buckeye400ex
06-12-2002, 07:05 AM
I don't know if it's legal to ride there anymore, but the Mead Paper company had some land around Waverly, Ohio that had massive amounts of sand. It evidently was from a paper mill and they had to dump it somewhere, but I mean there was mounds of sand 50 feet high and it was everywhere.

Sorry I can't remember how to get there, or like I said, if it's even legal.

Striker49
06-12-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by BS300ex5
help me out here i wanna try dunes once and can't travel too far if you have any opinions on these places or pictures of any advice on equipment to take or anythign at all help me out ... thank ya (how big are they and whats the admission and some rules

As far as I know, there are no dunes in KY.......im pretty sure. The closest dunes near West KY is the Badlands in Attica, Indiana. I guess you could always load you quad up on a boat and haul it round KY Lake to some beaches or somin. :blah