View Full Version : 450r carb on 400ex

prepracing
09-20-2005, 09:29 PM
I know several people are running the 450r carbs on 400ex's. I know they are a slightly larger carb, but what are the advantages of running this exactly(performance wise). And what mods besides changing jets and spacing it from the gas tank have to be made ?

UglyMotha™
09-20-2005, 10:32 PM
it'll be too much carb on a stock engine, unless all your looking for is top end, it'll kill your torque

prepracing
09-20-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
it'll be too much carb on a stock engine, unless all your looking for is top end, it'll kill your torque

I'm running a 426, 11:1 comp with hotcam stage 1, ported head, HMF full system, outerwear airbox lid with K & N filter. I Race GNCC's and midsouth harescrambles, I see so many people doing that mod but did not know if it would be a good mod for XC racing. Also is it even comparable to an FCR carb ?

QuadJunkies
09-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by prepracing
I'm running a 426, 11:1 comp with hotcam stage 1, ported head, HMF full system, outerwear airbox lid with K & N filter. I Race GNCC's and midsouth harescrambles, I see so many people doing that mod but did not know if it would be a good mod for XC racing. Also is it even comparable to an FCR carb ?

you will love that Carb, I had a426 11:1 last year similiar set up to yours, you will be very impressed with that Carb :) but I have no experience w/ XC racing, but cant see why it would be a dissadvantage????

UglyMotha™
09-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by prepracing

an fcr would still be a better carb, a fcr39 would be alot better carb than the 450r carb just alot better overall performance

the 06 450r will a 40mm khein flat slide carb as opposed to the 42mm round slide carb, sligher smaller carb but yet it flows way better