PDA

View Full Version : 250R's Limits?

bubbag
09-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Hello,
I have a 88 250R that I have all redone it is a nice running quad but I'm starting to wonder if I should move onto something else.
After watching the new Huevo's 7 movie it makes me wonder if I should sell the old girl and upgrade to a new 450, the 450's just look too easy too ride? What are your guys thoughts espically those of you who jumped to the darkside?
Right now the old R can beat a exhaust and timing mod Yzf?
But I think she needs more power and I don't know if it worth jumping more dough into such an old engine?

Right now she has the following mods:
TCS Triple rates w/rezzy's
TCS Dual rate rear w/rezzy
Lonestar +4 axle
Ricky stator +2 a-arms
Steel Braided front brake lines
FMF Fatty Exhaust System
ESR 38mm airstryker
ESR CR ignition
ESR Airbox Eliminator
Boyeson Reeds
OEM Aluminums Skids
OEM Radiator Scoops
Twist Throttle
Razr tires

ESR250R
09-20-2005, 10:25 PM
sure... no sense in riding something different. ride what everyone else is.... the 250r motor and been a proven motor that is very dependable. these new fourstrokes are having too many problems for me to buy just yet.

86-250Rnut
09-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Lol. i thought about the same thing. i thought about what i should do for a while. and then it came to me...... why not have both. i have the best production quad in the world right now.imo. i coulnd never sell my R and i never will. so i started saving my money about 3 months ago and i now have enoughf for a down payment on 1.:D so i would save and save and save. so you cna say i have both. thats what i would do. keep the R and save for a 450R. cuz you have good mods on the r u have. so why get rid of it?
Mitch:macho :blah: :) :) :( :o :p ;) :D :cool: :rolleyes: :eek2: :devil: :confused: :eek: :grr: :blah: :huh :scary: :macho :mad: :ermm: :chinese: :macho :macho

250r4life
09-21-2005, 11:46 AM
thats what i would do, save and buy another quad... your never gunna get out of it what you put into it, especially with all the mods youve done.... i dont plan on ever selling my R... i plan on buying several other quads, just cuz there fun to have and so i can take people riding with me and what not, but i dont anticipate ever getting rid of the old R...

TheFontMaster
09-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Just get a nice 310 or 330 powervalve top end, and a new pipe, sparks, or LRD are better than the fatty. Then as long as your a good rider, you will have no problems keeping up with the 450's

wilkin250r
09-22-2005, 10:28 AM
You've got a great suspension package. Any new 450 is going to require a lot of upgrades to get to the same level for suspension. I know that every time I get on a new 450 for a quick spin, I feel like I'm riding a pogo stick compared to my setup.

I see a CR ignition, reeds, and a 38 A/S, but I don't see any mention of real engine upgrades, like a big-bore, porting, or head mods.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd give the R another chance before I gave up. You already have so much money into it already, I'd suggest you throw a few bucks into the motor and really wake it up.

250r4life
09-22-2005, 12:23 PM
just my two cents... everybody talks about the big bores packages like the 330 & the 350, but honestly i prefer the the smaller ones set up right... the smaller ones rev higher and they rev quicker... i'm not sure about what size of rider you are and what kind of riding you do, but i personally prefer my 265 which i had custom ported and polished after duncan had done theirs, and ive got the 36pwk... youre 38 would work fine, but i think the 36 is just about right...