PDA

View Full Version : in need of advice, very confused

2004exrider
09-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Alright just need some one to tell me its nothing (hoping so atleast), a few weeks ago i blew out one of the tires on my quad and it has been in the garage since then til i get new tires. well id go out and start it about 3 times a week or so just to keep everything flowing thru it. well i didnt start it for about 3-4 days and when i did a puff of white smoke came out and then went away, it didnt even last a second. well i let it idle a little bit (maybe 15 seconds) then revved it lightly a couple times and when i did i could barely see some white smoke coming out! i dont think its my valve seals they should be fine. i check my oil every time before i go out riding, always regularly change it, and it cant have more than 50 hours on it and the smoke wasnt blue like burning oil would be? Im just wondering if it could have gotten condensation in the pipe and thats why it did that? thanks in advance for any replies.

Jimmy

Ukel
09-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Take it from a man that has flooded his engine once or twice (forgot to turn gas off before a couple periods of storage) :rolleyes: I've seen all colors lol as far as i've ever gathered white smoke is just water thats built up, probably in ur pipe, burning off aka boiling off aka steam aka white smoke (tell me if this logic is wrong; at least thats how i figure it)

DaleJrFan
09-20-2005, 08:31 PM
you will be fine, i have seen lots of 400's blow white smoke when its cold or wet. if it blows black smoke, re-build top end and go again.

2004exrider
09-20-2005, 08:38 PM
thanks guys, makes me feel better to no its nothing wrong.

Jimmy

Ukel
09-20-2005, 08:48 PM
I know how ya feel. I'm always getn paranoid that something is going terribly wrong on my bike and it always helps when i call my buddies and they explain to me that i'm not gonna blow my bike up :) After all; Its got a Honda badge on it ;)

416exduner
09-20-2005, 11:40 PM
yes, white smoke is just water somewhere in the equation...more than likely it's nothing to worry about.