PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Built Z--OR--stock 45r/YFZ????

QUADROOKIE
09-20-2005, 07:28 PM
I need some advise. I will be racing B class in the iowa atv harescramble series next year and am trying to decide what I would be better off racing for a machine. I have an 03 KFX400with a slipon pipe, uni filter, nerfs, and predator front shocks. So basically stock. I am looking at putting the Athena 434 kit, drze kit, hotcams, elka recs up front, c&dracing rebuilt rear, flexx bars, full hmf exhaust, and ITP baja wheels and razer 2's all around.
OR
Selling the KFX, and buying a used 450R or YFZ with maybe pipe, nerfs, wheels tires, etc. What would I be better off with? Money is of a concern, would like to stay within 3500.00 out of pocket either way I go.

Also, is my stock KFX swingarm ok as long as I put a chromoly bolt in nit? if not, whats the cheapest swinger/carrier assembly that would be a good option?

Thanks alot in advance for any replies.

Scott

96lapis coupe
09-20-2005, 07:51 PM
A Z with motor work and full aftermarket suspension would be WAY more comfortable for me than a yfz or 450r with stock suspension. Those 2 hour races are brutal.....at least they were last year when I had TIME TO RACE :mad: :D

QUADROOKIE
09-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Thats kinda how Im leanin towards going. If the 434 kit will be comparable power, and decent suspension, keeping elec. start and reverse, and not sacrifice reliability, that sounds like the way to go.--Unless someone can convince me otherwise??