PDA

View Full Version : Procircuit or FMF

Raptor350yamaha
09-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Which would be a better exhaust for trail riding only. The Hot Seat Perf. has good top end but bottom end is I think worse than stock. Procircuit (http://procircuit.rideshop.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=1_15_26_100) and FMF (https://www.fmfracing.com/products/catalog.aspx?CategoryID=133&ItemID=025018)

Jersey450R
09-20-2005, 07:40 PM
neither. try HMF or sparks.

bigdaddy
09-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Get a Hetrick pipe. IMO it is the best. We had a Hotseat pipe and had nothing but problems with it. You will have to rejet and should do your clutch. They can set you up with what you need.

Raptor350yamaha
09-21-2005, 04:54 AM
to exspensive for me im just a 14 year old

LT80
09-21-2005, 07:22 AM
Trinity.

Spike99
09-21-2005, 08:20 AM

For the longest time, I was a firm believer in the FMF pipe for trail riders - for the Pred-90 brand. From a white board perspective, it seemed to be a great low cost pipe for releasing bottom end power. But after a while, I noticed lots of complaints about this specific pipe. People where having problems with their FMF pipe and FMF Corporation wasn't giving them an easy process for returns / replacements.

When all was said and done and "emotions are taken out of their posts", many people have stated the FMF pipe and mini's carb must be "perfectly tuned". And the FMF Pipe's packing must be checked / re-done after 10 hours of riding. If the entire configuration isn't 100%, this pipe WILL run too hot. It melts down and it could / can create long term engine problems.

If you do run the FMF Pipe, do ensure the mini's spark plug is "always" beer bottle brown (2 stroke engines) and the FMF's stuffing is checked after 10 hours of riding. If you don't do this, one could have a melted FMF pipe as well.

Note: One bad post is fluke, 2 bad posts get my attention and many bad posts show a pattern. To me, the many FMF posts on other forums show a clear pattern of its history (when installed on the Pred-90s).

Hope this helps in your decision....

Samson
09-22-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by LT80
Trinity.

Hetrick and Trinity look the same to me???? :confused:

WRH is right there with them too. You'll get more support from Hetrick or WRH though.

Tell your Pa to pull that wallet out! :macho

400ex4ever
09-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Another option is Eastside Motorsports (http://www.eastsidems.com) .

Raptor350yamaha
09-22-2005, 05:22 PM
are those pipes good for trail riding or top speed situations. i need tons of low end from an exhaust

400ex4ever
09-22-2005, 10:08 PM
With any pipe you can adjust the top or low end speed with the Torsion spring (?) behind the clutch itself. The one I am using is a 2000 rpm stall (RED) plus the variator weights are 5.4 grams for a lot of top speed. I would call Hetrick or WRH and let them know what type of riding you do. They will have the answer.

LT80
09-23-2005, 07:39 AM
Samson, surely you know the pipe story :D

These pipes are indeed made for low end (as opposed to a pipe like the technigas that produces 2500 more rpm). They have a great power delivery thru the rpm range tho.

I don't understand 400exforevers reply stating that you can change the pipe charicteristics with the torsion spring. The torsion spring slows the opening of the rear clutch pulley faces and only has a small amount to do with the stall speed. The majority of the stall speed adjustment comes from roller weight/rear clutch shoe weight and the springs that go on the shoes. Motor rpms will be the same no matter what torsion spring is used. Now if you under weight the rollers and do not get full clutch travel, then speed would be effected.

400ex4ever
09-23-2005, 12:08 PM

These pipes are indeed made for low end (as opposed to a pipe like the technigas that produces 2500 more rpm). They have a great power delivery thru the rpm range tho.

I don't understand 400exforevers reply stating that you can change the pipe charicteristics with the torsion spring. The torsion spring slows the opening of the rear clutch pulley faces and only has a small amount to do with the stall speed. The majority of the stall speed adjustment comes from roller weight/rear clutch shoe weight and the springs that go on the shoes. Motor rpms will be the same no matter what torsion spring is used. Now if you under weight the rollers and do not get full clutch travel, then speed would be effected.

I am still learning this CVT thing but what you said makes more sence. Just trying to help with what little knowledge I got....

Samson
09-23-2005, 03:47 PM

Well, been around long enough to hear the accusations. Just didn't know how much stock to put in it or if the pipes have been tweeked.

Evana13
09-23-2005, 06:04 PM
hot seat makes a great pipe but you will need to get a k&n tranny kit and the pipe. It makes it rip but you could also try a hetrick c kit I think is what its called here is the link www.hetrickracing.com

AFROracing
09-19-2006, 09:11 AM
w

AFROracing
09-19-2006, 09:11 AM
what type of main jets do the 90 predators take?

400ex4ever
09-19-2006, 08:04 PM
I remeber them being a small round type. I switched carbs way back to a 28mm and they use the Keihen style.

sldhd700
10-11-2006, 09:17 AM
I recently removed an FMF from my son predator and replaced it with a Hotseat pipe. The FMF seemed to have a ton of bottom end it wasn t what I was looking for on the track. Although trail riding it worked great. I am wanting to sell the FMF pipe if your interested email me. This could save you alot of money.
sldhd700@aol.com