PDA

View Full Version : exhaust and upgrades question

john.E.business
09-20-2005, 07:02 PM
K well i'am pretty positive that im goin to go with the sparks exhaust for my R but what other upgrades would be benificial that don't cost to to much lol... like k&n or rev limiter? and whats the difference between the big core and standard core? as well as the ceramic finish?
:macho

duncan400
09-27-2005, 06:56 PM
hey man i will agree the sparks is a nice @$$ exhaust but i would highly reconmend that you check out and go to there exhaust this thing adds so much HP and a lil bit easier on ur wallet to just given you some ideas heres his number his name is jeff tell him steven sent you :p

john.E.business
09-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Awesome man thnx i will check that out do you know if they ship to canada?:devil:

duncan400
09-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Yea im pretty sure he will just give him a call tomorrow he is makin another batch of pipes this week if you want one u better get ur name on one soon they go fast

john.E.business
09-27-2005, 11:46 PM
yea well that should be no problem but the honest truth is i want as much power gains as possible off a pipe, so do you think they put out as much as a sparks? cause my friends have a ds650 and a yfz and they just have exhaust and rev limiters and i think with those upgrades i should be able to beat them in drags so if this pipe is capable then i would be interested for sure

Diedrich
09-28-2005, 12:15 AM
i would go with the sparks and then get a cam

duncan400
09-28-2005, 06:21 AM
The Hp is the same on our dyno but the torque was more so its all up tou u the price a cheaper than sparks tho

john.E.business
09-28-2005, 06:45 PM
yea i dunno i have heard great reviews about the sparks so i will probably go with that.. which would be better though the big core or the standard? i would imagine the big core

09-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by john.E.business
yea i dunno i have heard great reviews about the sparks so i will probably go with that.. which would be better though the big core or the standard? i would imagine the big core

depends...i run the big core on mine, i have a stock engine right now but will mod it soon, if you plan on modding your engine at all, go with the big core, the big core will make .5-1.5hp more then the standard core, if you plan on running stock, then the standard would work for you, also if you have db limits u need to meet, go with the standard

ceramic finish is where they put a ceramic coating on the outside of the pipe to give it a "better" look, it can also rust, unlike the SS, i went with the SS because you can polish it and keep it looking good, and no need to worry about the rust

as for mods, i would go with a cam (hotcam stage 2 or crf450 cam year 2002), k&n airfilter, and cut the airbox lid, those would be the first mods i would do

if you have any other questions feel free to ask :macho

400exrider0004
09-28-2005, 07:11 PM
i know big core is louder and supposed to give you more top end, but people say they don't notice much difference between the two except sound, but the big core is the better way to go. Ceramic coating keeps down temperature and gives the pipe a chrome look.

09-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider0004
i know big core is louder and supposed to give you more top end, but people say they don't notice much difference between the two except sound, but the big core is the better way to go. Ceramic coating keeps down temperature and gives the pipe a chrome look.

not chrome...more of an aluminum look

400exrider0004
09-28-2005, 07:19 PM
yah, i no, i was just giving an example

john.E.business
09-28-2005, 09:51 PM
So whats a good cam to put in? don't they offer an hrc cam? and what about a rev limiter... will that clear up the choppiness that i get in 1st and at the start of a gear?

400exrider0004
09-28-2005, 10:43 PM
i have heard gt thunder has a good rev limiter. Sparks has a cam i think maybe you want to go with them since you have their exhaust, or go with hot cams, hot cam 2 preferably.

09-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by john.E.business
So whats a good cam to put in? don't they offer an hrc cam? and what about a rev limiter... will that clear up the choppiness that i get in 1st and at the start of a gear?

some good cams are the hrc, stg2 hotcam, and the crf450 2002

as for the rev limiter, its a pos, dont buy 1 unless u invest in a higher $ one where u can adjust ur power etc

Ridin' Jesse
09-29-2005, 03:40 PM
Most pipes(HMF, Sparks, Rossier, TC) put out AROUND the same horsepower..some have a little more or a little less but they are all relatively the same..I love my sparks though..havn't had a problem with it..as for other upgrades, a Cam is def. a good thing..if your getting a sparks I'd go with a 02CRF cam or the new sparks Agressive Cam.

devil6
10-02-2005, 06:07 PM
the sparks agg cam is the 02 crf cam if i remember right. unless he changed something, they are the same. If noise is a concern, i wouldnt go big core.