PDA

View Full Version : does it need jetted?

Blue250X
09-20-2005, 05:19 PM
i have a 91 honda 250x with a fmf megamax pipe, k&n filter, and i run with my airbox on because of mud. it runs fine, besides a little spot when i get on the gas hard, it sounds like the spark plug misses and then it gets right back goin. it starts good hot or cold. when i start it i hold it wide open with the choke halfway on. it starts on the 1st or 2nd kick. does it really need jetted? the guy i bought it from gave me 2 needles and said they were for the carb, where do these go. someone help, i heard it was bad for the engine if i dont jet it.

bwamos
09-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Yes you need to rejet.

More air and the same amount of fuel = lean. You need to add more fuel, to compensate for more air.

The needle you have should be fine. It is in the slide. You probably want to just raise it 1 notch (move the clip down 1 notch to raise the needle up).

Go up 2 sizes on your main jet (to start with). not sure what stock is.. but if your 118 now.. you'd go to 122. 115 to 120. 112 to 118. etc... You access the main jet through the big plug in the bottom of your carb.

Your air screw is probably fine. if it's hesitating off the bottom, turn it out a 1/4 turn (couter clockwise).

Go to "Articles" on the top of the page.. and read the ones on carb jetting. ;)

If you dont rejet.. you are gonna tear up your motor.

Blue250X
09-25-2005, 05:53 AM
thanks alot, does ne 1 else have ne info

TRXRacer1
09-25-2005, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Blue250X
thanks alot, does ne 1 else have ne info Maybe not info but advice. This goes to everyone too and not just you. LEARN HOW TO JET!!! There are a million post a year on "should I jet" and everyone of those people that ask should just learn and if they already know how they they should stop being lazy and just check it. Hell most stock machines need a rejet.

Blue250X
09-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by TRXRacer1
Maybe not info but advice. This goes to everyone too and not just you. LEARN HOW TO JET!!! There are a million post a year on "should I jet" and everyone of those people that ask should just learn and if they already know how they they should stop being lazy and just check it. Hell most stock machines need a rejet.

sorry of my lack of infinate knowledge! Will it hurt the motor in any way if i dont rejet

Honda TRX250ex
09-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Maybe not info but advice. This goes to everyone too and not just you. LEARN HOW TO JET!!! There are a million post a year on "should I jet" and everyone of those people that ask should just learn and if they already know how they they should stop being lazy and just check it. Hell most stock machines need a rejet.

dude chill out he wanted to know one question and didnt know if it was the jetting first of all

TRXRacer1
09-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
dude chill out he wanted to know one question and didnt know if it was the jetting first of all
I see you've totaly missed the point.:rolleyes: