PDA

View Full Version : twist throttle

new2the250r
09-19-2005, 10:18 PM
anyone have it, if so how do you like it on an atv

Mxjunkie
09-19-2005, 10:22 PM
I love it, had on everyquad for 8-9 years now.

tater_kamik
09-19-2005, 10:31 PM
got it, like it, but it will take a little getting used to

09-19-2005, 10:34 PM
have one, doubt id go back to thumb

Raptor runner
09-19-2005, 11:23 PM
I tried one on my raptor and couldnt stand it.... I have always been a motorcycle rider, and think twist throttles should stay on bikes. To me it seemed like if I was making a hard left and went off ballance I would hit the throttle harder with the twist throttle... it was also harder to manage over whoops... Its just my opinion though.

250R-Dee
09-19-2005, 11:34 PM
I have one on my 3wheeler and I will put one on my 250r eventually.

450robot
09-20-2005, 12:06 AM
i had one on my 250r, it was good for mx, but when i was in the woods, it made it alot harder to ride... if i hit a big bump, it would jar my wrist, causing my throttle to blip wide open

and that wasnt fun

sickmojave
09-20-2005, 06:46 AM
I had one on for a day and didn't like it at all...:grr:

JRP
09-20-2005, 11:07 AM
i jus got a motion pro vortex twist and i love it.. its gonna take a while to get use to it but it will be nice once i get the hang of hit.. i already noticed i can ride for alot longer without my thump cramping up..

Butters
09-20-2005, 11:25 AM
have one and the warrior and hate it.

09-20-2005, 11:56 AM
had one on my R for woods riding...hated it

Bansheegal
09-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Have on on my Banshee.. Never used one before. I love it! No more thumb pain!!!! It can get ya in the whoops if you aren't careful.. almost went head on into a barbwire fence @ little sahara coz i hit a litlte whoop at just hte right angle and speed..

09-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Bansheegal
almost went head on into a barbwire fence @ little sahara coz i hit a litlte whoop at just hte right angle and speed.. and that about sums up a regular twist throttle experience on a quad to most people

YFZ450Ridr
09-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Bansheegal
Have on on my Banshee.. Never used one before. I love it! No more thumb pain!!!! It can get ya in the whoops if you aren't careful.. almost went head on into a barbwire fence @ little sahara coz i hit a litlte whoop at just hte right angle and speed..

if your not used to it, yes that happens alot

but ive had a motion pro cr twist on every quad ive had, along with my uncles, cousins, and my dad. my dad used to ride dirtbikes and he got us all started on the twist. ill never ride a thumb again.

deathman53
09-20-2005, 05:32 PM
I used one on my 200x for two days, the first time was at a mx track that pretty lame(more like a tt track with 4 jumps), and the second time was a tight, small, rough mx track in the woods(I ride there all the time). The first time I didn't mind it(actaully kinda liked it), but the second time, I found it hard to control and almost made me crash twice. I came off after that. I'd proabably preffer one on a tt track, but never on a mx track or trails.

TheRidinLife01
09-20-2005, 06:17 PM
well i bought my 426ex used and it had one on....it took me 1 saturday of hard riding to get used to it, then next day i put one on my raptor....ill never go back to thumb again. the first day or so you will hate it and it might even make you almost crash....but im telling you, stick it out and stay with it and you will love it in about a week or two.

in my oppinion it feels alot more racier(f thats a word) it feels more race oriented to me...i love it

JRP
09-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by TheRidinLife01
well i bought my 426ex used and it had one on....it took me 1 saturday of hard riding to get used to it, then next day i put one on my raptor....ill never go back to thumb again. the first day or so you will hate it and it might even make you almost crash....but im telling you, stick it out and stay with it and you will love it in about a week or two.

in my oppinion it feels alot more racier(f thats a word) it feels more race oriented to me...i love it

i agree with you 100% man... I rode for the first time yesterday with it and it almost made me crash a couple of times.. but i kept on practicing and today was better.. im finnaly gettin the hang of it. it feeles really good when u can ride hard for 45+min and not get sore in your hand..

99_300ex
09-20-2005, 08:05 PM
i had one on my 300 but got ride of if and will never go back the thumb pain goes away after awhile.