PDA

View Full Version : questions about running with no air box lid.

z71
09-19-2005, 08:27 PM
I just got a 05 black 450 I am running a white brothers MX4 pipe with a dyno-jet kit and K&N air filter. My question is I trail ride with some other quads and gets dusty is it okay to run with out a air box lid?. We ride when it is muddy sometimes. I followed the dyno-jet stage 2 instructions and this is what they said to run.I want my quad to run good but do not want to hurt it.

09-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by z71
I just got a 05 black 450 I am running a white brothers MX4 pipe with a dyno-jet kit and K&N air filter. My question is I trail ride with some other quads and gets dusty is it okay to run with out a air box lid?. We ride when it is muddy sometimes. I followed the dyno-jet stage 2 instructions and this is what they said to run.I want my quad to run good but do not want to hurt it.

i run with a cut lid in dust, mud, sand, everything, if you cut it like the hrc, you should be fine in anything, i run a k&n also, no problems :macho

blake_mx_racer
09-19-2005, 08:35 PM
i run no lid all the time but i dont ride anything but mx tracks, no trail riding for me. I tried to take mine up the road with the lid on the other day and it would cut out when at half throttle so i have to run mine with out it. I have a rossier exhaust, kandn filter, and 185 main jet.