PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Pred 50

smittyrc
09-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Can anyone give me some input on the polaris youth 50? I'm looking at it for my 6 yr old - never ridden before. Anyone know the top speed it can attain as he gets more skilled and you dial up the throttle limiter/speed limiter? I want to stay away from the Kazuma/Redcat/Yamoto mini's as every forum I've gone to and read about them has a HUGE number of people complaining about them breaking/unreliable/no parts available. Also read people complaining that the Yamaha/Kawasaki 50's were very underpowered and that even when you dialed up the throttle screw the max speed they could get it up to was 12mph? Not much room to grow in that. Any inputs appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Pappy
09-19-2005, 08:14 PM
if you plan on keeping the quad for the growth of your child, id strongly recommend the 90cc Kasea Skyhawk or Polaris Predator 90. Both are tame in stock form, and have parental controlled speed limiters.

the 50 is going to top out at about 15 to 18 mph with restrictors in place. the 90 is the same with its restrictors in place.

smittyrc
09-20-2005, 01:01 PM
Are the restrictors removable?

Pappy
09-21-2005, 12:46 PM
on the 90 they are, on the 50 i believe only the limiter on the throttle is removable.

i have a 7 year old and i wouldnt hesitate for one second to let him ride our 90, infact he fits very well on it. he is an expierenced rider and when he rides it the throttle limiter is set accordingly.

JenniferRath
09-28-2005, 08:55 AM
We have both a 50 and a 90 Predator for our boys. Other then age you have to look at size of your child and experience.

My 3 year old now rides the 50 ( he will be 4 in Dec) both his older brother started on the 50- they have now moved to 90's.
We have the 10 year old on a TRX90 with all the goodies including motor work done by Robbs Racing Engines. The 8 year old just stepped up to the Pred 90 this summer. He was on the 50 last year-

The reason I brought up size is my 8 year old only weighs 42 pounds:eek2: he is a squirt!! So even though he was old enough he wasn't big enough!!

trailrunner77
09-28-2005, 06:14 PM
Not to steal anybody's thread but anyone know where i can get a decent used pred fiddy? My daugther turns 3 in december and i want to get her on it next spring.....

email me with any info

hall01@iowatelecom.net

thanks

emaxxjeremy
09-28-2005, 07:10 PM
i bought a pred 50 for my 6yr old son last xmas and he loves it. he is quickly outgrowing it tho. size and speed were excellent for a while, but kids grow like weeds and it is getting small in both physical size and speed. i wish i had jsu worked him into a 90 to start with as it was very little more money, but would have fit longer. now i have to lose money on a bike that is like new and buy a 90.
but nayways, as far as the pred is concerned it will do 25mph totally uncorked and un-safetied. its a great little bike, electric start, horn, and its pretty powerful. the safety features are what sold me on it originally. many safety cut offs, electronic and mech speed control. the speed control helped my son get over the initial fear that it was gonna take off on him.
for a person in the market i would reccomend the pred because mine has been great, but for the money i wouldnt do it again. as fast as they out grow a 50 i should have just gotten a cheapo eton or something. when i sell this i will lose as much as an eton costs! so i would say for a kid 6 or older try em on a 90, it will last longer.
if anyone is looking for an 05 pred 50 i would like to sell it for a 90 if someone wants to save some money from the dealer. it is like new.

trailrunner77
09-29-2005, 04:34 AM
where are you at and how much you asking for your 50 also can you post some pics?

thanks

emaxxjeremy
09-29-2005, 04:55 AM
i am in central florida, tampa area.
paid $2300 otd, sell for $1600
email me if anyone wants some pics