PDA

View Full Version : getting hmf

400exrider26
09-19-2005, 06:24 PM
i want to get a hmf s/o for my 400ex... mostly stock- i will get a uni airfilter and rejet for the pipe, if i do this then i will see more power in every aspect of the powerband, right? will it pull harder and be a faster machine...? also, i think i can jet it myself after i get my shop manuel... when hmf sends you jets are they correct or do you have to put them in and see if they are>? and i think they only send you a main jet, i also heard to get a 42 pilot and to adjust my needle... so will i have to play with the carb alot to get it spot on? as long as it does'nt bog, backfire, pop on deacceleration, and the plug is around a golden brown color im set right? thanks for any replies that might help

trx400exxracer
09-19-2005, 08:00 PM
hmf is a good choice for a pipe for a pipe mypilot jet is stock my main jet is 170 or 165 with the air box open w/o quiet core and with uni air filter

with quiet core and vents in airbox I use 160 but I live in Georgia you might try calling hmf

but as a filter I would get UNI K&N isnot worth a crap

the sport series gives good overall power but pulls real hard from the mid to top

the quiet race series cost more butsounds better than the sport with a quiet core its real ,low like the sport just not so rediculously loud the quiet race series gives the best low end power and good power all round

the ballance series is also nice but I would recommend th (qrs) or sport

Ukel
09-20-2005, 08:37 PM
If u get it through this site...http://leesonsmotors.com/ u get the jet (I got a 165, pretty sure its same for all orders) and a free uni-filter; not the dual stage, but still hella nice, all for 219 free shipping and color :) Cant pass that up :D

exryder02
09-21-2005, 04:38 PM
i got a hmf for my 400ex.. i loved it, it looked sweet on it and gave its a heck of alot more power and sounded sweet,i rode it for a weekend and love it but that next mon i went to school came back it was stolen never got it back:grr:

AtvKid4Eva
09-22-2005, 07:16 AM
I also have a HMF slip on for my 400ex and love it it make a ton of power and sounds great. I Run a 165 with no airbox lid and it runs great. They r one of the Best!

400exrider26
09-22-2005, 01:56 PM
what level above sea level are u? a guy from hmf told me that they used -For the '04 400EX, we used a 152 main jet, a 42 pilot, set the clip on the
> second position from the bottom on the needle and set the fuel screw about 2 1/2 turns out ...
tis is around what they think i might use... sound good? ruch lean?