PDA

View Full Version : Rear hub

WheelerBob
09-19-2005, 05:52 PM
Quick question, my neighbor noticed my right rear wheel wobbling while i was going down the road in front of my house, I checked it out and found the hub is not bored straight and is causing the wheel to wobble, the thing is the 400 is only about 6 weeks old, is this a common problem or is mine a fluke, and do you think the dealer will give me a new hub. Thanks in advance for any replies.:D

tprender
09-19-2005, 07:41 PM
I would take it to the dealer and have them look at it. You said that this is a new 400, not used correct? Don't be surprised that you found out that the axle is bent or you have dented the inside of the rim by the lug nuts. I have never heard of a hub being drilled offcenter, but anything is possible.

trx400exxracer
09-19-2005, 07:52 PM
take it to the dealer if it is new

WheelerBob
09-19-2005, 08:10 PM
I am going to call the dealer but my local dealer is a bunch of a**holes. Everyone I know that has had there wheeler back for any warrantee problems the dealer always tries to blame the rider ( you jumped to high - you hit a bump too hard - hell you rode it at all), So im wondering if its worth it to haul it back up there just so the can say I must have rode it wrong.:grr:

WheelerBob
09-19-2005, 08:15 PM
By the way does any one know the proper hub nut torque, I may just buy a new hub , there only $27.50 from service honda.:D

JOEX
09-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by WheelerBob
By the way does any one know the proper hub nut torque, I may just buy a new hub , there only $27.50 from service honda.:D
101 ft #. If the castle nut doesn't line up with a hole in the axle continue tightening until one does. Be sure to grease the splines first.

WheelerBob
09-19-2005, 08:38 PM
Thanks Joex:D