PDA

View Full Version : Going to Livingston for 1st time...opinions?

LiLMissHondaEx
06-11-2002, 04:54 PM
Well I guess we are going to venture off to somewhere new this weekend. We have family that live in London and we pass Livingston all the time when we go down there. We have even had to stop at the Livingston exit and get gas at the Shell station right off the exit. Is that the main entrance for it?? Are there any areas that are dedicated to camp or do you just set up where you are able? I did a search and found a few posts about Livingston and saw there is no charge....or rules for that matter. Is that true? Any opinion or help is appreciated!

Winged Warrior
06-11-2002, 05:46 PM
Yes to all your??.Exit 909 ,go up the hill/road on the right and you will find some places to camp unless it too full! Livingston is a great place to ride .Warning!! The drunks wake up about 6pm sat night.

LiLMissHondaEx
06-11-2002, 08:00 PM
What about tags....since it is part of a state park do we need any type of park sticker??

SNIPA
06-12-2002, 08:32 AM
Is it just a free for all down there? Do they have the trails marked or mapped?

Livingston does sound like a **** of a place to go though!!

bradley300
06-12-2002, 10:23 AM
i think livingston is the type of place that so many people statred showing up that no one could enforce the riding, technicly I dont think you re supposed to ride there. I also suggest not camping in livingston. the drunks must have night vision, at 3 am peple flew right next to tents and the scary part was, I NEVER SAW A HEADLIGHT ON ANYTHING! some of these guys are nuts.

bradley300
06-12-2002, 10:27 AM
o yeah, it is a 110 % free for all. no passes, maps, restrooms (except in the gas station) showers(except the creek) or actual camp sites. just find a place that isnt in the way to set up. if you have a gps, i would recomend taking it. its kinda easy to get lost your first copule of time down. its awesome though.