PDA

View Full Version : warrior/wolverine top end differences? and mods

quadrcr161
09-19-2005, 10:57 AM
ok, help me out with some ideas, i picked up a 99 wolverine real cheap not to long ago. the guy sucked up some water and didntt ake care of it. it still ran but smoked pretty bad. i brought it home, changed oil several several times and it ran better, i threw a set of new rings in there around july and its starting to loose power again and smoke so its time to mod.

whats the difference between the stock warrior cam and wolverine cam?
whats the difference between stock compression of the 2?

my thought are to drop in a warior piston and cam if its any better, or do a higher comp piston but still run on regular pump gas. i already have someone in line to rework the head and bore it .020 over and a new t-chain.

anyone have any other ideas? i plan on doing it as realiable as possible and as cheap :D . i just dont know anything about yamahas.

Trevor
09-19-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm not sure of the motors but With a 424 dissconnect and a hopped up motor a wolvy would be an awsome bike. I thought about getting one but when I tolck it out for a test ride I just didn't like the feel of it and the power didn't impress me. With more power it would be nice.

quadrcr161
09-19-2005, 11:31 AM
yea, it wasnt the 1st choice, but it was cheap and a ute would be usefull as a pit bike and to work on the 10 acrs i live on. plus its something my g/f can ride and feel comfortable on. i just want it realiable and enough power to pull it self up a hill and the small trailer, once i rebuild it i might sell it and find a better atv for the use.

Mud Roost
03-19-2006, 08:21 PM
they arent a racing quad and they are not a heavy duty towing atv . they are just a fun quad for mud and offroad .