PDA

View Full Version : My Little Buddy...

LTandRaptorider
09-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Well, tonight I got a call from my ex-wife... Our dog Cody, who has been staying with her since we split over a year ago, has been sick the last few days. So tonight she took Cody to an emergency clinic. They found she has a mass on her tumor. This has caused her to have a fever, and get dehydrated due to her not eating or drinking the last couple days. They can give her meds to treat the fever and infection, but it only delays the inevitable. Cody would've been 16 in December... which is old, especially for Siberian Huskies. I've been looking to buy a house, lookin forward to gettin my dog back. Instead, today I will call to schedule her to be put to sleep... She's been a great dog. :) :( Here's a pic of her from about 2 years ago...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p69a81563ea51cbe89bfd4f4eec67375e/fa3fda3f.jpg

Wearin her Steeler shirt!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pff4bdcd6cfe7a6e87f5ff458aa4b7a23/fa4136b6.jpg

09-19-2005, 12:02 AM
Sorry to hear that man, putting down pets is REALLY hard:( :(

HondaRacer300ex
09-19-2005, 03:36 AM
Yeah sorry to hear that. I put my dog down and it was very hard and I would hate to ever do it again.

09-19-2005, 04:43 AM
Stuff like this is so terrible :ermm:

Quad18star
09-19-2005, 05:42 AM
Sorry to hear that you'll have to put Cody down . As hard as it may be , you'll find happiness in it , knowing that she will not be sick or in pain anymore . My dad had to make the hard decision a few years ago to put down our cocker spaniel ... Sandy was 18 years old . We waited about 2 years before getting another dog , and now we got Cuda . Even though he's a mutt (:p ) and a pain in the rear end sometimes (:grr: ) , he's such a great dog . Bart I'm sure one day you'll get another dog , not to replace the memories you have of Cody, but instead to remind you of what it's like to own a pet and have a little buddy .

Here's my little brat !!! :)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/Quad18star/Dog_Lawn2_0003.jpg

ILGNCC400EX
09-19-2005, 06:33 AM
:(

Trevor
09-19-2005, 06:36 AM
sorry to hear that

09-19-2005, 07:08 AM
I just had to put one of my dogs down about a month ago. Pretty much the same problem as yours. Very tough thing to do.

400exrules
09-19-2005, 07:57 AM
sorry to hear that man, everyone dreads the day it happens to their pets, but it will come eventually. All you can do is be thankful they are no longer in pain, and look into getting another pet to continue to bring you happiness

Mxjunkie
09-19-2005, 08:07 AM
I have an austrailian ridge back that is 16, shes going down in health but I know that she has lived forever so really I'm fine with it, as long as shes not in pain anymore.

diangelo#67
09-19-2005, 10:23 AM
man that is terrible dude. was a beutiful dog though. I had one a few years back it was an awesome puppy had the different color eyes, would follow me around and when I sat down it would lay on my feet. came home from school one day and it was having a epiliptic seisure. called the breeder and they took him back. man i miss him though. I got a rotty now had him since he was a pup. he's about 40 now in dog years. I'm dreding that day as well

stevez400
09-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Sorry to hear that. I also have a siberian husky, what awsome dogs they are. We got ours from a shelter. She had been abused. They said the owner went to extremes to train her to be a sled dog and would beat her bad. She runs and pees and doesn't eat for days at a time, due to how the people trained her.

figair
09-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Man sorry.....:(

zephead400ex
09-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Sorry to hear that bro...:(

Doober
09-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex

sly400ex
09-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Sorry about the bad news, I had a dog for 17yrs and we had to put him down, it was very hard/sad:(

pinky93
09-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Very sorry to hear about your loss. As a dog lover, I can honestly say that I feel your pain. Beautiful dog and in a better place dude. I love Huskies, I have had three of them. Had a 5 yr. old that died in my arms overnight due to a hemorage (sp??) in her heart. Wife got me another from a lady in Terrace, British Columbia. Her name is Karma, so it kinda fit!:D She uses her Huskies to pull sleds into the mountains to film wildlife. Very cool.

Again, sorry for your loss, but don't let that stop you from doing it again!!

Punk'd
09-19-2005, 07:34 PM

Im also sorry to hear that man.. I have a golden retriver thats like 12-13 years old and he sure is getting up there. Hes been the best dog ever and im sure going to miss him when his time comes:(

Letting go is always hard

LTandRaptorider
09-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Oh dam, that is one cute pup! I'll have to scan a pic of my dog as a pup and post her. Thank you every one for your very kind comments. I just got back from seeing my dog. She was actually moving around a little more tonight from what my ex said. I called another vet, he agreed with what has been found, the age of my dog, it is best to put her to sleep. So the appointment is tomorrow at 5... :( In the morning I will put a blanket and shovel in my truck, go to work... Take her afterwards to the vet... bury her alone, with lots of tears... She has been a great dog, Makes me mad with the circumstances of my life the last year and a half, the dog hasn't been with me. I think of how she used to wait by the door for me everyday as I came home from work. How one time I was lying under my truck in the garage working on it. All of a sudden I feel something against my back, she came out and laid beside my under the truck! How I would throw a ball for her, she would grab it and flip it back! RIDER11X was amazed the first time he saw that... Really something how pets can get to us... :) Almost 16 years especially for a husky is remarkable. She gave me almost 16 years of enjoyment... hope it was good for her too...

zephead400ex
09-19-2005, 07:55 PM
I guarantee she enjoyed you just as much as you enjoyed her. Dogs are truely a mans best friend. It is weird how attached a person can get to an animal, but it truely is a friendship in which you will never forget.

When I lost my dog a few years back I was devestated. But you'll quickly realize that your loss is really your friends gain: by not allowing them to not be in pain you are truely doing the right thing for your friend.

Take care bro.

pinky93
09-19-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Oh dam, that is one cute pup! I'll have to scan a pic of my dog as a pup and post her. Thank you every one for your very kind comments. I just got back from seeing my dog. She was actually moving around a little more tonight from what my ex said. I called another vet, he agreed with what has been found, the age of my dog, it is best to put her to sleep. So the appointment is tomorrow at 5... :( In the morning I will put a blanket and shovel in my truck, go to work... Take her afterwards to the vet... bury her alone, with lots of tears... She has been a great dog, Makes me mad with the circumstances of my life the last year and a half, the dog hasn't been with me. I think of how she used to wait by the door for me everyday as I came home from work. How one time I was lying under my truck in the garage working on it. All of a sudden I feel something against my back, she came out and laid beside my under the truck! How I would throw a ball for her, she would grab it and flip it back! RIDER11X was amazed the first time he saw that... Really something how pets can get to us... :) Almost 16 years especially for a husky is remarkable. She gave me almost 16 years of enjoyment... hope it was good for her too...

For you. Please read.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

Quad18star
09-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Best of luck with tomorrow Bart ... it'll be hard but just remember the good times . When Sandy died , my dad did the same thing you plan on doing . He wrapped her in her blanket and took her out to where he used to walk her all the time . He now walks our new dog there now , but still thinks of her everytime he walks by where she's buried . From the way you've talked about this dog over the last few years that I've been on this forum , I know you really had a strong love and friendship for her . This might be the end of this bond between her and you , but like I said before , I'm sure you'll get another dog . Seeing that picture of the little pup makes me want to go out and buy or adopt a Husky . But plans are already in the works for when my gf and I buy a house , that we'll be getting a chocolat lab .

09-19-2005, 09:38 PM
I got two golden retrievers (Scotty & Pippen) as puppies from a family who overbreeds, (didn't know at the time). One of the dogs developed lymphnoma(sp?) cancer in about 4 years and grew RAPIDLY. It was so difficult to have to put him down b/c these two dogs were all each other had. Eventually his time came and my dad had it done while I was in class. My dad I grabbed him out of the back of the truck with the blanket and buried him in the backyard. I miss him alot and I know Pippen does too

zephead400ex
09-20-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
But plans are already in the works for when my gf and I buy a house , that we'll be getting a chocolat lab .

That is what my gf and I are going to do. After her lease is up on the house she is renting, we are going to buy a house. By then we will have a month old little one and we are going to get a chocolate lab. We want to get a new puppy everytime we have a kid so they can grow up together.

SCUDA
09-20-2005, 08:37 AM
Its really hard to say goodbye to loyal friend!I have lost two dogs in the last year & its rough....My thoughts & prayers are with you!!

Quad18star
09-20-2005, 10:04 AM
That is what my gf and I are going to do. After her lease is up on the house she is renting, we are going to buy a house. By then we will have a month old little one and we are going to get a chocolate lab. We want to get a new puppy everytime we have a kid so they can grow up together.

Yeah this the best time to get a dog . It's amazing at how smart dogs are ... they'll watch over the child and most of the time keep them away for dangers . We had a black lab when I was very little and we lived out near a lake . If I'd wander towards the lake the dog would nudge me back home . :D

Everytime you have a kid you're gunna get a dog ?? How many kids you planning ?? LOL . You might need one BIG house and one HUGE yard !!!!

zephead400ex
09-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Yeah this the best time to get a dog . It's amazing at how smart dogs are ... they'll watch over the child and most of the time keep them away for dangers . We had a black lab when I was very little and we lived out near a lake . If I'd wander towards the lake the dog would nudge me back home . :D

Everytime you have a kid you're gunna get a dog ?? How many kids you planning ?? LOL . You might need one BIG house and one HUGE yard !!!!

Dogs are extremely smart and I've heard they will be protective of children, which is a good thing.

Well, I wasn't planning on this little one yet...but I think two will be sufficient. But who knows, I might want my own basketball team. :D If that's the case, I might need a football field size yard, haha!

jwick07
09-20-2005, 11:19 AM
Sorry to hear about your dog man. My family had a lab for 13 years and when my parents put her down because of fading health I had a 10 month old husky with one blue and one brown..Juno..he was the chit...well i moved away for the summer and my parents said that they would watch him for me while I was gone.. when I got back they told to go get another dog because I couldnt have him back they love him so much and he helped my dad get over having to put Dutchess the lab down.. They spoil him rotten and they live in a residental area outside of town have a huge yard and all the neighborhood dogs just romp together all day long so I couldnt take him back because he is theres now.

Well keep your head up

Quad18star
09-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Dogs are extremely smart and I've heard they will be protective of children, which is a good thing.

Well, I wasn't planning on this little one yet...but I think two will be sufficient. But who knows, I might want my own basketball team. :D If that's the case, I might need a football field size yard, haha!

Preston ... everyone knows white people can't play basketball . How about your own Hockey Team ?? LOL :p

Bansheegal
09-20-2005, 02:45 PM
I am sorry about your loss.. I have grown up around dogs anddog shows and have 2 pups of my own. They are likr my kiddos.. i don't know what i would do with out them. Things will get better it just takes time.

By the way, i lovet he steelers shirt pic! I am a HUGE fan and got 2 for my Jack Russell Terors LOL

They hate the shirts with a passion LOL

redlineranger
09-20-2005, 06:48 PM
that sux man i'd hate to have to put Bear down(my dog)

he's a big ol chocolate lab, he just turned a year old a few weeks ago, and he's a 105 pounds:eek2: ... never thought he'd get that big seein how he wus about 10-15 pounds when i got him:o

LTandRaptorider
09-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Well, it's done... :( I held her head on my lap when they gave her the shot. Took her out and buried her. Worse part about it, she was more active today and looking more normal. Another vet examined her, said it was best to put her down. She could get a little better for a few days, then get even worse. If I kept her around longer, it wouldve only been for my own selfishness. Doing what was best for her was more important. Like the saying goes... you don't have to like it... You just have to do it.

Thanks again, everyone. ;)

JDiablo
09-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Im so sorry man,its hard i know,but she is in a better place now,and she will watch over you no doubt,it was for the better man,its hard,i know i have lost a dog before to:(

Be strong man

Quad18star
09-20-2005, 07:49 PM
She's in a better place now Bart ... running around free without any pains . The link to the poem that someone posted was great .I believe that doggy heaven is full of open fields , no dog catchers , plenty of fire hydrants to pee on and endless dog biscuits . She'll watch over you and one day you will reunite !!! Best of luck to you bro .