PDA

View Full Version : paintball for a newb

450robot
09-18-2005, 09:44 PM
well, my freinds have been playing paintball in there bunkers that they made down in the woods by our jump track for a while now, and i wanted to get into it too, but i have no clue what paintball guns are good, or what i need to play

can you guys help me out? im kinda on a budget, not a tight one, but i dont wanna go over $250

09-18-2005, 09:48 PM
I used to be a big paintballer, i was on a team and everything......... Id go with a tipman 98c power pacage. It comes with everything you will need to play. You can get it for under 200 dollers im pretty sure. Don't get spyder.

09-18-2005, 09:51 PM
i can sale you my spyder for 250 shipped obo

blackwell17
09-18-2005, 09:52 PM
smart parts came out with a new one called the Ion...I would go with that if I were startin out but im def. not starting out. Have been playing for 3 years

09-18-2005, 09:53 PM
here are soem pics

09-18-2005, 09:54 PM
another one:D

09-18-2005, 10:08 PM
an evo on a spyder, now THATS funny.

Jesse

midnight
09-18-2005, 11:37 PM
I have been doin paintball forbout 6 or 7 years now,I have allways used tippman,I've tried others and they sux,I used my tippman 98 custom for awhile,and then they came out with the tippman A-5,to me that is the best gun for woods play,I picked it up for $250 and I put a flatline line barrel,response trigger and a expantion chamber and I have'nt had any problems yet

09-18-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by midnight
the tippman A-5,to me that is the best gun for woods play,I picked it up for $250 and I put a flatline line barrel,response trigger and a expantion chamber and I have'nt had any problems yet I had one of them:cool:

300ex13
09-19-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant

Jesse

whys that funny they are more than capable to 15+ bps...the egg will feed near that...its a perfect setup the fastest hopper and a fairly fast/inexpensive mind you marker...the 'fastest' is a Halo B at 22 and also the heaviest, the egg with the y-board will do 23 i think and the halo is twice the money...for the original question a spyder is cheap well made and will handle some beating...if you want a gun that will handle being trashed get a tippman

trict_out
09-19-2005, 08:34 AM
Tippman is the way to go, they are tough,durable and reliable. Your friends may be shootin faster but when they are field strippin there spyders you will still be shootin.

bwamos
09-19-2005, 10:00 AM
My favorite paintball gun I've owned.. is old trusty, my 1st generation Sheridan VM-68 from the early 90's, lol. When my others break down, I always go back to that one.

In the 12 years I've owned that gun, I have only ever chopped paint 3 times, and I've easily shot 200,000+ rounds through it.

09-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant

Jesse

Whats so funny about it. :confused: :confused: :confused:

fasterblaster09
09-19-2005, 03:30 PM
I have an e-rex elite or whatever its called.Bought it about 6 months ago and used it twice.Its electronic,automatic.Sell it for $110 shipped.Comes with gun,electric hopper,mask,barell,extra o-rings,20oz. tank,12oz. tank,squeegie,and maybe a few other things im forgetting.It has everything you need to play.Great for starters :D

Robin Hood
09-19-2005, 04:26 PM
My gat.

Id start of with a tippy A-5 Though.

lonestar13r
09-19-2005, 06:41 PM
i'd sell you my tippman 98 custom, and all my gear for 250.00
mask ,20oz tank, gupies, hoppers , all my paint ball gear ,, everything , my tippman has response trigger (fully auto) elec. hopper , 14' barrle, its a decent gun , i still have stock barrle and everything stock i took off, if your interested, (or any one),, PM me, i'll hook you up with pics and get into details of what all i got -Ethan

exboy
09-19-2005, 07:06 PM
me and a friend threw this together one night its a patriot stars and stripes and a rebel. my first was the spyder sport it was a good gun and as far as i can remember it was pretty cheap. the spyder compact is also a very good gun also.

exboy
09-19-2005, 07:07 PM
forgot the pic my bad

TheFontMaster
09-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Someone mentioned the tippman 98 custom pacage. That comes with a 98c marker, 9 oz cos, goggles with the face shiled and visor, tool kit with all the alen wrenches you will need, gun lube, and a barel cleaner, and a hopper. That costs 200 dollars give or take a little from where you buy it from. I have had that set up for almost 2 years, I had one problem with my gun, but that was easily fixed, and you get parts that fail prematurley every now and then. There are about 20 people that I play with on average, and almost all of them have started out on a 98c.

BlazingYamahaYz
09-19-2005, 07:44 PM
I would deffinetly reccomend a Spyder. Everyone I've ever talked to says they love them. I have a Spyder Compact Deluxe Java Edition, and have had no problems with it. It takes a beating and keeps on ticking. The only thing I would reccoment is a zero gravity 12" barrel. I would stay away from Brass Eagle. Tippmans seem to be somewhat decent, they are just really long. Depends on what kind of playing you are going to do, if that affects you or not.

Cody_300ex
09-19-2005, 09:01 PM
Id start out with a SP Ion, you can get em for about 275 and wont have to upgrade for awhile. Heres my impy, dosnt show my halo or new feedneck.

09-19-2005, 10:25 PM
this is the gun i started out with, put 1 grand into it....:devil:

ballisticpb
09-20-2005, 12:09 PM
i have been playin ball for somewhere around 10 years now.. i am half owner in a paintball shop in my town... the hardest thing about buying a gun is listening to every one else... the tippmann series are great guns they have there up sides they are built like a tank.. i rent them out as my rental guns. they do not require much maintenance and are all around a good gun.. the down side of the tippmann all of them are a heavy gun and a long gun... if your going to get into the speedball like was said in your post they are a little hard to tuck into your bunker tight while playing up front. spyders are another good choice again goods and bad's in these guns as well. they are short lightweight. come in a lot more variety's of color and options. the down side is they tend to burn through orings and require a little more maintenance. but a great gun choice... a few people have mentioned the ion... great gun the gun would be in your price range but to get the rest of the equipment will cost much more..

sorry for the long post... the best way to pick a gun is to go to your local pro shop and ask to hold them all ask questions ask to shoot it find the one YOU like don't buy the one that every one else says is the best

any questions let me know..
kylle rose
jf paintball
team ballistic

trick450r
09-20-2005, 12:33 PM
to be honest with you, i wouldn't get into paintball i got really into it thinking i had a nice cheap sport...but all the little odds in ends add up i built a 99' rf autococker from the gorund of on nitro and sold it soon after and got completely out of the sport...

Robin Hood
09-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
to be honest with you, i wouldn't get into paintball i got really into it thinking i had a nice cheap sport...but all the little odds in ends add up i built a 99' rf autococker from the gorund of on nitro and sold it soon after and got completely out of the sport...

Thats why I quit. You should seriously sit down and think about where you think your gunna go with this sport because I regret the couple grands or so I spent on it when I quit to ride anyway.

I went through a series of guns, each one costed more than the last, and resale sucks.

If you start playing, make sure you get sponsors, they were there when I needed them, and Id probably be poor now if it wasnt for them. :p