PDA

View Full Version : exhaust and carb need help

09-21-2001, 12:55 PM
I have a 2000 400ex and i was thinking about buying a wb slip-on and a edelbrock carb, I was wondering what kind of performance gains I would see and if you thought it was worth the money. please help.:( have any of you all tried the dmc full exhaust or the procircuit

09-21-2001, 01:26 PM
I'd get motor work done like 416 kit with cam and a port job before I would get the new carb. As for the WB slip on well since your new I'll take it easy on ya,,,I'm not a big fan of the WB series pipes but a lot of guys out here use it and love it,,,all the pipes offered are going to give you a performance gain it's just your prefrence of what you want. I'd hold off on the new carb until your motor is beefed up to really need the larger carb. :D

Wheelie
09-21-2001, 11:02 PM
The WB pipe is a good choice, as far as the carb goes, I agree with Rico on that. Tap into the motor before you buy a new carb, you will get more power for your money.

kat400ex
09-21-2001, 11:16 PM
as far as the carb goes i would wait for motor work too......but the pipe is a must and for which one ...we all like WB i personaly have the WB "R" and i love it my husband has "E" series.....Marcums atv has a run down on the pipes give you an idea of which one does what .........he is running the yoshimura pipe......good luck

Dave400ex
09-22-2001, 09:48 AM
I think the Curtis Sparks X-6 exhaust would be the best for you if you are going to go into the motor. Check out sparksracing.com.

09-22-2001, 10:44 PM
Well I would go with a Curtis Sparks T-4 Exhaust. If your going to get engine work done move up to the T-6 and buy a complete exhaust if you want power gains a slip on will give you very little power with a lot more noise. Also check out Curtis Sparks site for pipe shoot out it beat the White Brothers E- Series exhaust and about 17 other exhauts.

Don't get the Edelbrock it's "Crap" The Keihin 39mm FCR gives you more power for the same price and is also used by CT, Duncan Racing and, Curtis Sparks Race teams and has more win's under it's belt. I will be getting into the race seen shortly. I don't like incresing the displacement of my engine, so a exhaust and carb are a must for me. If you do increase your displacement check out other carb sizes like 41mm.

Hope this helps...

Warning rider may roost at anytime..!!!