PDA

View Full Version : broken frame warrenty

trost66
09-18-2005, 07:37 PM
I was wondering if honda was covering alot of there broken frames. Broke mine today and i was going to talk to the dealer tomorrow and see what he says.

DRT
09-18-2005, 08:08 PM
If your going to go to the dealer take all of your Elka shocks off and nerf bars if you have them.The Honda dealer that sponsors me said well if you bring it there and its got shocks,nerf bars,swing arm etc. It doesnt look good. Just put it back to stock when you bring it there and never say it had any aftermarket suspension or anything aftermarket.
But yet its an 04 is there still a warrenty ?

Punk'd
09-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by DRT
If your going to go to the dealer take all of your Elka shocks off and nerf bars if you have them.The Honda dealer that sponsors me said well if you bring it there and its got shocks,nerf bars,swing arm etc. It doesnt look good. Just put it back to stock when you bring it there and never say it had any aftermarket suspension or anything aftermarket.
But yet its an 04 is there still a warrenty ?

Yes, take all aftermarket stuff off. Dealers are weird most aftermarket parts will void your warrenty unless they were installed by the dealer and not you. Goodluck bro.

benwa450r
09-19-2005, 11:25 AM
If it's a 2004, warranty is only 6 months... unless you have extended warranty. Good luck!

Shawn H
09-19-2005, 11:34 AM
My dealer knows I race and they could care less about what aftermarket products are on the Quad for warranty.

Every dealer is different and it mostly depends on what terms you are on with your dealer.

dunebuggie66
09-19-2005, 12:49 PM
when i broke my frame i took it to the dealer with all my atermarket stuff on it, in fact the frame was about the only thing left that wasn't aftermarket... and i still got a new frame.

bwamos
09-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Worst case scenario.. I bet you could talk them into getting you the frame at like half of the retail price.

Or, you could get one from burgard, have them gusset it, and have pappy Powdercoat it, so you only have to pay shipping 1 way. ;)

trost66
09-19-2005, 03:40 PM
They said they would cover it aslong at the honda doesn't send somebody out to look at it. He said if that happen he told me he would give it back to me and let me put the stock shocks and arms on it.
t