PDA

View Full Version : Time to replace my clutch??

mikeman828
06-11-2002, 01:32 PM
Does anyone know what some signs are when it's time to replace a clutch?? My machine is a 93 and I really doubt the kid that owned it before me did anything more than put gas in it!! Lately when I have been starting off, it feels like the clutch is slipping, not releasing the way I'm used to... does that mean my plates are worn or is it just a cable adjustment???

Any ideas??

Thnx

:confused:

kxrider
06-11-2002, 02:00 PM
when your bike starts to creep, when you pull the clutch all the way in 1st gear and give it gas, and it creeps forward, you need to replace your plates, when you take it apart you need to check your basket if it is worn you need to replace it, belive me it can cause big problems

TRX_Thumper
06-11-2002, 04:35 PM
First of all adjust clutch lever freeplay to 1/4 inch see if that helps for ye tear into it.

kxrider
06-12-2002, 08:49 AM
yeah but that will probably work but if it is a 93 with no clutch work at all you probably need to just look at it, all you have to do is drain all the gas from tank, and oil, and then flip the quad on it's side and pull off the cover and look and see if it is worn