PDA

View Full Version : lowering kit: good idea?

reichart90
09-17-2005, 11:02 PM
went to my first mx track today. have never really ridden much at all before. haha about killed myself a few times. earned respect for my 400ex real quick let me tell ya. haha. anyway, i saw some quads there that set real low to the ground. i saw on ebay the front and rear lowering kit on there. is this a good idea for mx tracks? it seems like it would be due to the lower center of gravity. let me know. thanks.
-tim

blackwell17
09-18-2005, 12:02 AM
what those low guys have is a mix of longer a-arms, shocks, etc. A lowering kit would probably give you the same look, but not nearly the same quality.

xc_racer1
09-18-2005, 10:35 AM
the lowering kit u were lookin at was probably for flat track u would lose to much travel in ur shocks for an mx track
i dont know much about mx but i know that if u want a good mx bike then u have to get the extended a-arms and axles
it has a lot to do with the shocks u get.. if u get elka triple rates with ressys then u wil lower it alot
or get tcs front and it will lower the front end

250xridamatt
09-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Like others have said, they reason their quads were lower is because they have extended a-arms (normally +2 or +3) and aftermarket shocks. The high end motocross shocks have a sag to them that makes the quad sit low. Like on my 400ex, I have long travel suspension. When I sit down, my a-arms go out wider, and it sits lower.

I would not reccomend buying this kit if you will be doing any jumping. It was definately not built for that purpose. Most people buy the lowering kits for riding flat track, or tt with minimal jumping.

Get ready to start spending some money if you want a better ride at the mx track.

trx400exxracer
09-18-2005, 01:07 PM
the guys you saw probably had longer a-arms and swingarms and axlesand probably had aftermarket zero preload shocks I am not aan mx rider but I believe mxers run zero prload right guys