PDA

View Full Version : Knee blown?

Pappy
09-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Earlier today, I went to get situated beside a quad and my knee popped. i heard it, so did the wife. for a good 15 minutes i couldnt move it without severe pain and numbness followed down my lower leg. after awhile it eased up a bit and is swollen above and below the kneecap. im sure a visit to the doctors will be in order, but has anyone with blown out knees expierenced this?

my uncle just had his leg removed above the knee so this isnt a good time for me to have problems:p

JDiablo
09-17-2005, 09:51 PM
ye i had something liek taht happen to me a couple years back playing hockey stuck my leg out to fast and it just poped and i couldnt walk on it the next day,and i had to take it easy for six months :ermm:

Ralph
09-17-2005, 09:57 PM
my knee comes out of its joint all of the time. Usualy when im kneeling. The worst part about it is that it hurts alot to pop it back in so i usualy will end up just leaving it out and sitting for a few minutes till i get the guts to stand up and pop it back in. Its really not that big of a deal its just that im scared that it will happen will im riding and that it will funk me up...im pretty prone to crashing so its more of a question of when it will happen as opposed to if it wil...

Mxjunkie
09-17-2005, 09:57 PM
I shatterd mine and have some metal in there :p Having a bad knee is the worst thing I hate it so much, 12 hours a day on concrete doesnt help either!

My boss when his blew, he picked up his daughter a really wierd way and POP, he fell to the ground, had to take him to the er and such.

Admin
09-17-2005, 10:00 PM
I had almost the same thing happen about 8 years ago, and I ended up tearing my cartlidge, which required surgery. 6 weeks later, I was as good as new.

I am sure this isn't what you wanted to hear.

Get on Aim Pappy

EvilJester400EX
09-18-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
my knee comes out of its joint all of the time. Usualy when im kneeling. The worst part about it is that it hurts alot to pop it back in so i usualy will end up just leaving it out and sitting for a few minutes till i get the guts to stand up and pop it back in. Its really not that big of a deal its just that im scared that it will happen will im riding and that it will funk me up...im pretty prone to crashing so its more of a question of when it will happen as opposed to if it wil...

You can get a knee brace for that. Talk to your doctor about it, Asterisk makes pretty nice knee braces. Also, the best part about it is your insurance will pick up the tab. :cool:

bmw
09-18-2005, 08:04 AM
i popped my knee four years ago and dealt with the pain for two years. when i finally got fed up with the pain and the popping over and over again, i went to the doctors and they did an mri and found that my acl and the mcl were torn in two. knee surgery, six scars and six months of therapy wasnt a fun way to spend half a year. so pappy get it checked out and hope for the best because i also couldnt ride for about seven months.

Pappy
09-18-2005, 08:06 AM
thanks guys.

yeah i will be getting it checked. it does feel better this morning but i can still tell something is not right. the wife says i snap crackle and pop when i walk and i should get used to it:(

i sure wish i would get hurt the old fashioned way, doing something cool..lmao! going out because of age sucks:grr:

FasstMidnightZ
09-18-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
i sure wish i would get hurt the old fashioned way, doing something cool..lmao! going out because of age sucks:grr: rotflmfao !!! Its okay Pappy everyone has there time to do something cool and get hurt...Well then you just get old. :p

jwick07
09-18-2005, 08:27 AM
I think i tore my mcl day before yesterday. got all crossed up over the double double section and there not even big one more like big speed bumps but it was muddy in front of the first take off and i think that had something to do with it but the quad turned really sideways in the air and landed hard on the right wheels high sided and threw me off and my left boot got caught in the dismount and POP the inside of my left knee around the knee cap and through the joint hurt like a SOB. But if Gust can ride with a torn knee so can I. Just switiched jobs and 62 more days until i get insurance

JKWGA400EX
09-18-2005, 02:34 PM
ive had my knee dislocated 3-4 times.the way i did u cant even move the knee.u have to rub it right above the knee cap and slowly straighten it out and it pops back by itself.if u do it right it dont even hurt poping it back.but if u try moving it dislocated it hurts like crazy.

Jared

JKWGA400EX
09-18-2005, 02:34 PM
ive had my knee dislocated 3-4 times.the way i did u cant even move the knee.u have to rub it right above the knee cap and slowly straighten it out and it pops back by itself.if u do it right it dont even hurt poping it back.but if u try moving it dislocated it hurts like crazy.

Jared

MotoX3
09-18-2005, 06:13 PM
what a coincidence...about a week ago i bruised the bottom of my femur at football....it popped out(its happened several times already)and this time i knew it was bad.....i guess the tip of the bone where it connects into my knee has been getting bruised...and now its bad.....so im on crutches for 2 weeks.....funny thing is i was wearing a knee brace at the time....scary to think how bad it wouldve been had i not been wearing it....BTW Jester.....could you give me a little bit of detail on this Asterick brace deal...ive been looking for a good one.....sorry to jack your thread

Conwaymx
09-19-2005, 10:44 AM
I resently tore my ACL. it isn't fun. Hope you have better luck than me:) :(

Quad18star
09-19-2005, 02:33 PM
Pappy ... the same thing happened to my dad a few years ago while ice fishing . He was just standing there and all of a sudden he heard a pop and lots of pain . It required surgery to fix his knee . Something inside let go . That's what happens when you get OLD . :p ;)

tater_kamik
09-19-2005, 02:39 PM
it must suck getting old!! oh wait, arent we all?? oh well. i hurt my knee a long while back jumping, i just came off of it wrong a few times in a row, and i had to stop, took about a month or two before i couldnt tell anymore. definately need to get it looked at though, i made the mistake recently of not having my hand looked at when i wrecked, now it hurts randomly all the time. pride sucks!!