PDA

View Full Version : ? about no link setup

concise
09-17-2005, 06:32 PM
does anyone have a pic of an R with a no link setup?is it good or bad for mx?can it be setup as longtravel?
hope these aren't stupid questions ,just tryin to familiarize myself with it.

bobby bo
09-17-2005, 06:50 PM
yes it for mx, and if the frame is setup right it will be a true longtravel.. the frame shock mount is higher about 1.5" higher than stock to make it a longtravel.. i think. now you can get no-link swingarms to work with stock shock mount, but i think the shock has to be modded.

baker250r
09-17-2005, 07:52 PM
stock frame mount... with a roll design no link swinger... and a custom axis rear shock. They work wonders for woops.

punker69q
09-18-2005, 06:28 AM
Here the setup I run on mine. The frame is a trc and the swingarm also, with a elka shock. The setup does work very well in the whoops. At my local track I was passing a guy on a stock 450r like if he was standing still in the rough stuff. The no-link does give a rougher ride than a link setup if you ride like a granny, but the more you push it the better it feels.

baker250r
09-18-2005, 07:10 AM
hey punker... did u have a problem with urs smashin the S^%$ outta ur airbox?

concise
09-18-2005, 07:31 AM
thanks some of the replys.
right now i have a leager frame with a cr 500 linked rear shock,i want to build another r and was curious about the other setups.
keep the pics and info coming.

bobby bo
09-18-2005, 12:38 PM
i think the cr500 link is better than the no-link,, but thats my opinion. right now im in the process of switching my bike from stock link to no-link. i have a cr500 rearset up but it would take alot to convert my frame and time is limited on my end and i found a good deal on a no-link frame while i was searching for a cr500 frame. so if you want ill sell it swingarm, link, shock.

punker69q
09-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by baker250r

Never really had problem, but my airbox is a "custom" airbox made of thin metal.

hontrx265r
09-20-2005, 06:33 AM
Here is a pic of my no link it was an arens frame I moded with elka tripple rate fully adj. and lsr dc2. I agree if you ride slow its rough and the faster you go the better it works. I actually think its smoother then my old cr500 but I dont want to argue with anyone. My airbox is chopped on top, and tucked way up and I still hit it and cracked it. No link (especially longtravel) have a SH*% ton of up travel. Def keep the exhaust away from the caliper and axle TC shorty works well of course

QuadRacer041
09-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by baker250r

my buddy had that problem with his roll no link setup on his arens frame R.he raised the air box higher and it helped out, but then he found a roll gullwing swinger and it has no problems anymore, i think lonestar makes an air box the fixes the problem, so does roll but its major $$$$$$$

addictedtomud
09-20-2005, 08:16 PM
I have a Roll Design Lobo XC setup with no link rear. The shock does not hit the stock airbox. You MUST run the later style airbox (88-89?) with the notch cutout for the shock. The earlier 86 style airbox does not have this notch, and the shock will hit!

Kyle

concise
09-20-2005, 08:26 PM
so these are regular swing arms ,but you just do not use the link???or is a no link specific arm required??thanx again for any info and pix.BTW nice quads guys!

addictedtomud
09-20-2005, 08:46 PM
I took a pic of my OEM airbox with the notch for the shock...

bobby bo
09-21-2005, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by concise
so these are regular swing arms ,but you just do not use the link???or is a no link specific arm required??thanx again for any info and pix.BTW nice quads guys!

these swingarms are made specific to use no link. the shock mount on the swingarm is different. can some post a up close and personnal pic of the mounts. if not im almost done with my conversion, ill post pics when i come back friday.

baker250r
09-21-2005, 06:12 AM
http://www.woodroracing.8m.com/images/picture_007.jpg

deathman53
09-22-2005, 06:51 PM
I redid my no-link airbox on my crf450r quad. I had a k&k airbox on it, but it got all messed up. I used a airbox from a 85/86 atc 250r and the tube and the coupling pipe and tube that was used with the old airbox and lt500 boot. A atc250r airbox has a cut-out for the shock and I first used a crappy one(I have a few of them) and test fitted it. I jumped up and down on the bike and got it close to bottoming out. it doesn't crush the airbox, nor does the caliper hit. I cut out 1" off the top of the box and cut a notch in for the seat latch(raises it up further). I'll get a pic of it tommorrow, the set-up look almost factory and how the airfilter fits it will get more airflow to filter than a standard 250r airbox. I tried to use a x-factor 250r aluminium first, but there was no way it would work.

bobby bo
09-26-2005, 03:53 PM
here is mine,, need to finish airbox,,