PDA

View Full Version : best aftermarket cam and pistion for 250ex

the_coop
09-17-2005, 05:48 PM
i was thinking about doin some things to my quad..i want to get an aftermarket cam and pistion and i was wonderin what the best cam and pistion i could to get let me know what the best cam and pistion i could get ok thanks and a different carb mabey

the_coop
09-17-2005, 07:16 PM
i need to know soon because i might do the drag races by my house and if i do i want to get that stuff done to my quad so please let me know what brand of cam and pistion would be the best thanks

Cody_300ex
09-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by the_coop
i need to know soon because i might do the drag races by my house and if i do i want to get that stuff done to my quad so please let me know what brand of cam and pistion would be the best thanks

I wouldnt reccomend doing major engine mods to a 250ex, waste of time and money. I would just sell it and buy a cheap 400ex or something.

the_coop
09-17-2005, 08:57 PM
but i don't really want a 400ex because i don'ts gots the money...i just want to know what the best aftermarket cam and pistion would be the best

trict_out
09-17-2005, 10:48 PM
i get sick of people tellin everyone to sell their quads...i have no idea what kind of piston or cam but i know wiseco and ross makes pistons, sparks, wb makes cams check into those and if u dont find anything i know powroll makes a big bore kit etc...

blastereatin250
09-18-2005, 07:54 AM
Webcam makes a cam for the 250. I hear it gives pretty good power. I've never heard of a high performance piston for it except the powroll one.

the_coop
09-18-2005, 09:12 AM
thanks for some of the ideas ill have to check into those

the_coop
09-18-2005, 10:07 AM
i looked up a web cam and they make one for my quad and i looked up powerroll ans they make a pistion kit for my quad to thanks ad ill let u know how it all works out if i am aloud to get all of this stuff

Cody_300ex
09-18-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by trict_out
i get sick of people tellin everyone to sell their quads...i have no idea what kind of piston or cam but i know wiseco and ross makes pistons, sparks, wb makes cams check into those and if u dont find anything i know powroll makes a big bore kit etc...

I wasnt tellin him to sell it, I was just suggesting something cause in the long run when he has 8 grand invested into his 250ex and can't even sell it for 2,500 hes gunna be pissed and be asking himself "Why did I put so much money into that?!!?!?!" Also a modded 250 is gunna have a hard time keeping up with a piped 300. But if he wantss to put all kinds of money into it Throw a HMF pipe on there, with a Web Cam, powroll big bore kit, UNI air filter, possibly a 300ex carb if it fits, take the airbox lid off, ect. But when you go to sell it and you can't hardly get any money out of it don't come one bit*hin about it, Im just tryin to help. :ermm:

the_coop
09-18-2005, 12:59 PM
really i am not goin to envest alot of money into it i am just doin stuff to the motor and if i do i am probley not goin to sell it ....