PDA

View Full Version : Need help fast!!!!!

atvracr350
09-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Went and rode the 400ex yesterday after it gone done raining (relatively dry). Anyway as i was going down the road i flipped on my lights (it was dark) and kept riding. I went to flip on the high beams and the lights just shut off. They would work fine on low beam but not on high. I parked it on the side of the road and turned it off to see what happened and when i went to turn it back on, absoloutly nothing would happen. When the key is on and i have a full charge battery the start button does the same thing it does when the fourwheeler is turned off. I press it and nothing happens. I checked the connections on the battery and behind the start button. Both appear to be tight and ok. Someone please help i am stumped. Thanks.

enduro400rider
09-17-2005, 07:24 PM
check your fuse, mine blew and i worked on it for 2 days before i found out what it was. theres a small box near the battey with a white lid take the lid off and there should be two fuses. one is a spare just switch them and see if it works

2001300exguy
09-17-2005, 08:48 PM
you don by chance have a aluminuj air box do you cause mine will do this every once and awhile and ill just bump up and down, and if that dont work i take my seat off and punch the air box lol. i have yet to find out whats wrong though

enduro400rider
09-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by 2001300exguy
you don by chance have a aluminuj air box do you cause mine will do this every once and awhile and ill just bump up and down, and if that dont work i take my seat off and punch the air box lol. i have yet to find out whats wrong though

its probably your ground wire, it must not be tight or its not in a good spot, so everytime you bounce on it or punch it, it probably will get the wire to ground its self