PDA

View Full Version : 90cc problem.....

Pappy
09-17-2005, 04:59 PM
stock predator, added the following

pipe

reeds and intake

24mm carb 115 main 65 pilot 2 1/2 turns out on the airscrew, needle in top position

no limit cdi

clutch upgrade

ran fine, we were dialing in the carb and finally got it working very well. plug chop showed we were good to go on the jetting. after a break, we went back to riding and no more then 3 minutes or so it bogged down and shut off. it has been continuing this repeatedly. i pulled the main jet and no debris, removed and inspected the clutch, nothing evident.

we can run this thing to the moon in neutral, but if in gear it runs until it gets hot then its as if someone jumped on the brakes and bogged it out. i even inspected the brakes and they are working and not dragging etc.

im at a loss.

bwamos
09-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Did you tie off the drain/vent tubes on the carb when you were working on it so the gas wouldn't leak out?. If so, they may still be closed off.

Far fetched I know, but 1 possibility since you were doing carb work.

Pappy
09-17-2005, 07:22 PM
we are pretty certain we have it fixed.

i was told it was fine to unhook the secondary cable from the throttle and that was bad advice.

we went ahead and blocked off the oiling system so we can just mix our own fuel. we rode it for 20 minutes after that and no more problems. loaded and heading for a race tomarrow, so i geuss we will see:D