PDA

View Full Version : what year swingarm??

bobby bo
09-17-2005, 02:00 PM
i have 2 lsr frames, one stock link and one no-link. im transfering all my stuff from the stock link to the no-link , but ran into a problem. the on-link frame is wider where the swingarm mounts, so i cant use my caps and spacer from my old swingarm. what year swingarm do i need to get the spacers for?? the spacers are the ones that go between the bearings and the cap( sorry i want to be on the right page)

also where the axis shock mounts to the swingarm (no-link) there is a gap between the shock and the sides of the swingarm. you can move the shock side to side on the bolt. is that normal or am i missing something?

thanks

BLACKeR
09-17-2005, 06:33 PM
take the spacers from your swing arm and put them with the axis shock. thatll fix everythign...actually you kinda got me stumped i didnt think there was a difference in width between swingarm years. im curious to see what people say.

mxracer97
09-19-2005, 01:34 PM
I was always under the impression that all years had the same swingarm width, but being that you have an aftermarket frame perhaps LSR decided to change the swingarm geometry for their no-link frame? The best bet would be to call LSR about this. Also, I am not sure a stock linkage swingarm is going to work with a no-link frame. Isn't the upper shock mount moved up on the no-link frame to allow room for a longer rear shock??

As for the second problem, I would not think there should be gaps b/w the swingarm and the shock. IMO it should be a tight fit. When it is a tight fit the bolt is under shearing forces, and it is extremely difficult to double shear a bolt. If you have a gap, that gap acts as a moment arm, making it much easier to bend or break that same bolt. The bigger the gap, the bigger the moment arm, the easier your bolt fails. I would put in spacers with an ID that fit tightly around the bolt, and make sure the bolt is at least a Grade 8(I'm pretty sure it probably is). Though the best solution would be to have a wider shock eye or the swingarm connection be narrower. Hope this helps.