PDA

View Full Version : Dinli 450 48hp New competitor?

slamdak8782
09-17-2005, 02:57 AM
Who has seen the new dinli? I think with some weight shaving here and there this bike could be a beast. It looks pretty solid and it is supposed to have 48hp. Is it just me or does this bike look like a competetor? It looks to have a lot of steel on it and I think it could be competive with the right mods. Also WOW that is bold to introduce it to the ATV market before the new Suzuki. These guys are serious and they also own some rights to the KTM partnership with polaris. I think that we have a new competitor. Can you imagine the combination of KTM polaris dinli and cannondale. They are on the verge. Remember who said it first.

Jersey450R
09-17-2005, 04:14 AM
the quad is 480 pounds.

250R-Dee
09-17-2005, 04:51 AM
Here's a pic from their site.

http://www.dinli.it/immagini/dinlisport450.jpg

bradley300
09-17-2005, 06:57 AM
you two are talking about two different quads. the orange quad in the mag recently is the dmx 450 and is thier "trail quad" and has nothing to do with the quad in that ^^ pic. that pic is the c-dale with different plastic, so as long as parts are availiable (just get everything but the plstic from ATK it looks like) it should be a competitor

blastereatin250
09-17-2005, 07:13 AM
Supposedly they made they engine more reliable and used a simpleler a-arm setup. I don't know know how they are now, but with our past experience our family would never buy another dinli. There okay untill they brakes go out the first six months and you have to replace the transmission after 9 months. jmo.

Kurt
09-17-2005, 08:15 AM
i dont know what to think of them... they look big and bulky like the old DS650s, but we'll just have to see I guess.

Snow
09-17-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Kurt
i dont know what to think of them... they look big and bulky like the old DS650s, but we'll just have to see I guess.

kurt from project blaster?? if it is, welcome to the site man.

chigger
09-17-2005, 11:33 AM
I believe the dale version will be called the speed 500. I dont know what kinda of dispacement its really gonna have, but Im guessing there are some major changes in the bore and stroke combo. The cannondale community has proved that you can make a dale motor very reliable, we will just have to see if dinli picked up on all the updates the dale guys have come up with. If they do I could see it bein a very nice bike and possibly at a reasonable price. ;) If they did things right, it could be a 50+ hp bike at about 360lbs. Sound competetive? :D

450robot
09-17-2005, 02:26 PM
dinli better hope that they get a good design goin for the cdale style motor, becuase if that bike fails, with the little company they are, they will probbably go bankrupt

slamdak8782
09-17-2005, 10:55 PM
It looks alot better than the old dales. I hated the way they looked. Reminded me of an angry frog. LOL I wasn't talking about the dale though. My thought with the weight factor on the other 450 they have is that with some aluminum parts in place of the steel the weight could be brought down significantly. Also they claim 48 hp in the article in dirt wheels. That is more than the 450r or the yfz in stock form also the predator engine on which the engine is based on. I think it looks pretty good. I never expected them to come out with a full on race quad. i used to think of it as a joke in the back of my mind but I congratulate them on being innovative. I wish Kawasaki would grow some balls and try being original as well.

Mxjunkie
09-17-2005, 11:10 PM
I think its ugly, the cannondales looked a hell of alot better IMO

zeppelin
09-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
I think its ugly, the cannondales looked a hell of alot better IMO
i agree and the sad part is i think c-dales look pretty fugly, dilini are the only people in the world that could take some thing that looks like a pos, and then make it worse, i take that back they do it all the time on that pimp my ride chit

Hon300ex
09-18-2005, 01:56 PM
that quad looks better for trail riding then racing

enduro400rider
09-18-2005, 07:31 PM
those things are pretty ugly and heavy, and the word Dinli makes them sound like a toy, i would rather buy a Z450

slamdak8782
09-19-2005, 04:37 AM
I would rather the z450 as well but it all depends on price to and what aftermarket can come up with