PDA

View Full Version : espn tv coverage next year

Stealth450r
09-16-2005, 10:48 PM
i was riding my bike around my highschool football game and happened to run in to travis spader(he lives a block away from me). he was telling me that ESPN is running a whole series of races like the great outdoor games. with it leading up to them. its going to be more of a motocross track with bigger jumps and more technical stuff.also they said to him that FMX is fading cause they did just about everythign they can do and that ATV racing is going to take its spot on TV! he said he doesnt know how true this is but the guy from espn is almost 100% posisitve that its going to happen.

i think thats what our sport needs.

Pappy
09-16-2005, 10:54 PM
it sure would be good to see more of all types of atv riding and racing on tv.

Moto92
09-17-2005, 03:27 AM
That would be awesome for our sport. I love the race coverage that ATV Sport television does.

Zwanter
09-17-2005, 11:03 AM
yeah they do have great coverage but i think its all cuts out of ********s coverage........but maybe ******** has a part in atvsport TV

smr
09-20-2005, 06:15 AM
I hope this is true..it really gets to me that they will show so many lame sports on ESPN and they don't show any quad racing. I'm sure not everyone fills this way but, I'm sick of FMX...it was cool at first...now it's old.

yfzrider93
09-20-2005, 07:06 AM
I hope this is true..it really gets to me that they will show so many lame sports on ESPN and they don't show any quad racing.

No kidding, I turned on ESPN2 the other day and they were showing the 2004 Scrabble championships! No offense to Scrabble players, I mean i've been known to throw down on a scrabble board once or twice, but c'mon.:D

jesshamner
09-20-2005, 07:45 AM
Yeah, I happened to run into a pie eat contest on ESPN not too long ago. WTF?

prepracing
09-30-2005, 09:21 PM
yeah if they could cover the GNCC's and GNC's and maybe a couple grand prix type races, then have the outdoor games at the end it would give people that don't follow atv racing that much some idea on who the people racing are. And would be be awesome for all of us that do follow the atv scenes real close :D

212racing
10-13-2005, 02:40 AM
rumor has it; it will be a 8 race mx series like the gnc
minis to pro's, covered by espn
i hope so!!!
it might make the gnc get their ship together.

moto50
10-13-2005, 06:18 AM
Why cant ESPN just film the GNC and GNCC series that are already there?

400grl
10-13-2005, 12:01 PM
A new series that ESPN is in charge of would be AWESOME!!!! I don't want them to just film the GNC's......I think a whole new televised series would be a refreshing kick in the pants - something that will come along and revolutionize the ATV racing industry - make other orgazations pay attention and become competitive.........give the racers more of a choice and more of a voice......I can't wait to hear the details!!!!

300ex_#387
10-13-2005, 05:18 PM
I wish i could ride my bike around and run into travis spader....:(

trx400exxracer
10-13-2005, 06:33 PM
it would be better than having to buy dvd's to watch tv racing because I can barely find any atv racing on tv anymore

212racing
10-13-2005, 11:52 PM
the reason i believe is oln has the tv rights to the gnc
this way the network has the say on how and when
they can show whatever coverage they choose.
right now all we see are highlights from the races with no
amatuer coverage. espn is suppose to carry each moto
start to finish and hopefully some highlights from the amatuers.