PDA

View Full Version : Fox float shocks???

RayWilt
09-16-2005, 01:48 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any of the fox float shocks on their quad and what you think of them. I'm thinking of getting a set.

Ex'r Marlin
09-16-2005, 02:23 PM
I ride with a guy who had Elka front shocks on his Polaris Predator, and just recently switched to the Fox Float front shocks. (His personal goal was to reduce weight).

He said once he received the Fox Shocks, he noticed a big difference in weight when he compared them in hand.

As for riding characteristics, he is convinced that the shocks do a great job, and he likes the air pump he has to adjust the shocks.

I too am interested in getting the Fox Shocks for my new '06 450R... When I get it!:D

I do not know much about the rear shock... I believe that it is still a coil over shock and not an air shock like the fronts.

Note: I have Elka shocks on my 400EX, and have the "Self Sagging Device" (SSD) on them... I really like them. I belive the Fox Floats do not offer an "SSD" setup.

quadjeff
09-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Rode with the shocks and really liked them. Holz racing is selling Fox and Axis with his set-up. He has 3 months on the fox shocks on his 450R. I am switching to the fox in october. Order now or you will be waiting. He ordered 80 sets and they are going fast.. The rear was great also. Good luck www.holzracingproducts.com.

mills_racing
09-16-2005, 09:30 PM
they gotta atleast b alright i mean look at natalie....he had and awsome year and im sure you know he didnt win because he had floats but i bet they helped alot.

thrasher_ex
09-17-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by mills_racing
they gotta atleast b alright i mean look at natalie....he had and awsome year and im sure you know he didnt win because he had floats but i bet they helped alot.

i thought natalie raced on float x evol/fox podium x racing shock??

trx400exxracer
09-17-2005, 08:18 PM
ask John Natalie he might know lol

calds650
09-18-2005, 08:46 AM
float x Evol racing shock should be out in NOV forl $1295.00

yogi
09-20-2005, 10:14 PM
natalie isnt running them next year, he is running roll/ elka

ct_racer
09-21-2005, 09:15 AM
yep i have heard the same thing, elka have made some practice day with john, and he like very much the new dual linkage, so i guess the next season he will run them

yogi
09-21-2005, 08:36 PM
they might not be better but 100 grand will change your mind

Jeff2269
09-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Wow, so thats the latest and greatest huh? Natalie is going to be running roll/elka combo eh? Its so amazing to see all the competition with the sponsers these days. Its getting more and more competitve. I love it! Roll Design was pretty quiet this year as far as sponsership goes. It will be interesting to see what they do next year.

tdsongster
09-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by yogi
they might not be better but 100 grand will change your mind

Yeah he prob is getting paid to run another set up, but he still has to win in order to get those kinds of offers. Point being he won't run inferior equipment and risk not winning...