PDA

View Full Version : 4 snow....for dirt drags

44oEX
09-16-2005, 11:05 AM
I know the 4 snow tires work good for dirt drags....but I want to know how long they last....I have some 18 inch..razr mx right know for mx that I might use...and I will get some 4 snow for the winter...I would use them for the drags, but I want to last for the snow.....so do they really wear that fast on the dirt?

44oEX
09-19-2005, 07:15 AM
anyone?

Robin Hood
09-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Id imagine theyd last pretty long, but Ive never used them so Im not much help. Maybe Ill grab a pair for the winter.

hardkoratvmxr
09-20-2005, 08:40 PM
well they are 2 ply and are liek a sand tire i would think that since they like "explode" when you get on it that they wouldnt last very long, and by explode i mean grow 40% in accelerating conditions.

44oEX
09-21-2005, 08:52 AM
yeah I know the grow alot...like up to 30 inches lol

so no one uses them for dragging and can tell me how long they last??

mills_racing
09-21-2005, 01:20 PM
i have a set that i used when i use to drag race.....shoot me a pm and there up for sale if u wanna try them....they work great for drags too...i think the dropped me about a tenth in 200ft.

44oEX
09-21-2005, 02:04 PM
you got a pm....anyone else have any experience with them?

honda92
09-21-2005, 07:50 PM
i could not imagine them lasting long on dirt. i have ran 4 snows, prowedges, and those new ams zippers in the snow and they all work great. i bet they would hook up really well on the dirt but i think they would be all shredded up by the time you wanted to use them in the winter. just from crossing the roads in the winter where the snowmobile trails cross i have noticed tire wear. if you just use them on the snowmobile trails a set will last you 6-8 years it seems, i bet drag racing them for a weekend on dirt they would be toast. hope i have helped some

gitrdonechevy25
09-21-2005, 07:59 PM
thier best fer sand drags dont use them on dirt get holeshots or suntin in that nature

44oEX
09-22-2005, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by gitrdonechevy25
thier best fer sand drags dont use them on dirt get holeshots or suntin in that nature

why? they don't grab on dirt?

wouldn't paddles work best for sand?

mills_racing
09-25-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by gitrdonechevy25

haha.....for sand drags you use haulers or something along that nature...for dirt drags the best to use is 4-snow, or pro-wedges....holeshots wont do no good at all in a drag race at the track ...they are heavy and wont hook up like a 4-snow.

mills_racing
09-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by honda92
i could not imagine them lasting long on dirt. i have ran 4 snows, prowedges, and those new ams zippers in the snow and they all work great. i bet they would hook up really well on the dirt but i think they would be all shredded up by the time you wanted to use them in the winter. just from crossing the roads in the winter where the snowmobile trails cross i have noticed tire wear. if you just use them on the snowmobile trails a set will last you 6-8 years it seems, i bet drag racing them for a weekend on dirt they would be toast. hope i have helped some
i have seen guys but 3 and 4 seasons on a set at the drag strip...

reconmaster
09-25-2005, 04:24 PM
conrad at the yarmouth drags carl conney(guy on 450r) won and he uses holeshots and the runners up where all stock 450s so maybe that could be an indication if not klaws could hook up good holeshots, klaws, and razrs provide great traction

mills_racing
09-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by reconmaster
conrad at the yarmouth drags carl conney(guy on 450r) won and he uses holeshots and the runners up where all stock 450s so maybe that could be an indication if not klaws could hook up good holeshots, klaws, and razrs provide great traction

what was his times? i have seen guys drop a tenth by changing tires from 6plys to 2plys.....common sense tells u if ur lighter u will go faster

reconmaster
09-25-2005, 06:05 PM
well i use 18 klaws those are 4ply and 18inch holeshots are 2

mills_racing
09-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by reconmaster
well i use 18 klaws those are 4ply and 18inch holeshots are 2

4-snows help because they expand in size also....jus like pro-wedges when u get going good they swell up which helps pick up speed....and 18's would coz u to shift to much ...u want to be geared as high as possible so u dont have to take time to shift and lose time...jus letting u know from wat times have shown at the track in 300ft , and 200ft....