PDA

View Full Version : 3 Shattered Bones in my Foot

FourFiftyFour
09-16-2005, 10:58 AM
Well last race on 9/11 I wrecked on a 85' table and had to go to the ER. I ended up shattering 3 bones in my foot in a very bad place. The little ends of the bones that kind of form a joint in the shape of a ball are completely torn up. I am waiting to hear if I will have to go into surgery and what my outcome might be. So far it is not looking good. I just hope my foot wont be knotted up looking when I heal. I am pretty down about it all and sort of worried. Not sure how I am going to heal and how many problems this will give me later on in life. My quad is ok except for the steering stem and my rear wheels are trashed. Which I can not afford either of those..so if you know of anyone with some cheap 8" beadlocks for sale..let me know :ermm:

I just hope I can pretty much go on like I used to when I heal... I am pretty down about everything

I will keep everyone updated on what I find out :(

MXRACER86
09-16-2005, 11:03 AM
I hope you get better real quick! And keep your head up!

TheFontMaster
09-16-2005, 11:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your foot, I wish you the best of luck getting better.

You will have to make shure the doctor gives you an orange cast:blah: :p

pa_countryboy
09-16-2005, 11:28 AM
sorry to hear that hope you get better soon and hope you make a full recovery

BLAZE1
09-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope your recovery goes well. If you do have to have sugery make sure you right "NOT THIS ONE" on your good foot.:devil:

jcv400ex
09-16-2005, 12:14 PM
The fun of racing motocross. :) You've made it this far by the skin of your teeth, don't give up now. There isn't a racer out there that doesn't have a past injury that every jump, whoop and hairpin turn doesn't remind them of it. It's all about, is the pain worth the reward. If it bothers you too much, just have them take out the nerves! :-D

I hate to say it Kara, but you've been VERY lucky through out your racing career. Compared to others, you haven't had to sink a butt load of mulla into your quad. Some guys are busting them up every weekend, and shelling out 1-2 grand a month for parts.

Nothing that is fun is free in this world!

wilkin250r
09-16-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, best wishes on a speedy recovery, ect ect...

Now that's out of the way, we need to see some X-rays... :devil:

MR.BIG
09-16-2005, 02:09 PM
Crashes always suck. Hope you feel better soon and try to keep a positive attitude the best you can.

Warnerade
09-16-2005, 03:06 PM
thats the same place i broke my ankle in...im still healing form it, almost 4 months later...

mine wasnt near as bad as yours though, hope everything ends up ok

insaneracin2003
09-16-2005, 03:18 PM
dayumm kara,get well soon girl...hmmm,i just get my quad ready to go and i wanted to meet you guys out at splendora for some practice and now your out.....get well soon chickadie.....

duke416ex
09-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Sorry to hear it, get well soon and take your time healing, I tried to rush my leg when I broke it and it just took longer to heal properly.

BlazingYamahaYz
09-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Don't let that get you down. I compressed the cartilage in my left foot off a jump on my dirt bike and couldn't walk for a while, wasn't close to as bad as you, but you just gotta stick it out! I take it you were wearing mx boots?

09-16-2005, 05:45 PM
Sometimes broken feet happen if your wearing mx boots, the metal support in the bottom of the sole breaks and the support isnt there anymore.

Bush0102
09-16-2005, 08:30 PM
that sucks kara! hope you feel better soon, thats gonna suck if your foot heals all nasty, i couldnt live without flip flops...

crday98
09-16-2005, 08:52 PM
hope you have a speedy recovery;) it sounds like you need a good lookin young stud to wait on you hand and foot for the next few months.;)

LTandRaptorider
09-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by crday98
hope you have a speedy recovery;) it sounds like you need a good lookin young stud to wait on you hand and foot for the next few months.;)

With emphasis on foot? :eek:

Get well, take care. ;)

FourFiftyFour
09-17-2005, 07:39 AM
yes i was wearing boots...alpinestars vectors. i hope i do not have to get a new pair of those! So far I havent heard back from the drs telling me what they think they need to do. So I am not sure about my future at the moment... I know next weekend I have to roll a couple laps in my last race to make sure i secure my 3rd overall position.

I already got me someone thats willing to help me around so you guys are gonna have to stand in line :p

as for the cast...thinking if they dont have any cool colors ill just get the doc to give me a white one...then ill put some 454 numbers on my cast and paint over the cast and peel the numbers off...would look pretty cool hahaha

jim: well arent you always blunt...haha.. the reason i dont bust my quad up every weekend is bc i do know my limits so I dont take stupid risks...i race competitively but I dont just go out and do everything right off the bat.... I tend to race more on the smart and smooth side rather than the "pin it and thats it" theory. It is not as much luck as it is I know I cant afford to sink money into the quad so I dont act stupid on it. Of course accidents still do happen, but then again I still dont always have broken parts every weekend. But you know that Vito so hush up
:p and you still owe me a phone call you loser!

Billyu40
09-18-2005, 01:30 AM
Im sorry to hear about your ankle. Its tough being that late in the season and needing points. Listen to the doctors, if they say not to ride its not worth it. I broke my wrist 6 weeks ago and rode in a cast just messing around. Now I may have to have surgery because the bone is not setting properly. Looks like Ill be out for a lot longer because of my lack of patience. Oh well. Good luck with healing up and work hard in rehab. You will b back better than ever next year.